pátek 4. dubna 2014

survivor 11 episode 4 insider videos

Transcripts by James Barber


NAKUM VOTES BROOKE OUT

Clip Description:  The newly reorganized Nakum Tribe goes to Tribal Council and vote out Brooke.  See what each tribe mate says while casting a vote.

BROOKE: Lydia, I think you're one of the hardest workers around camp, but I'm just making this vote based on the decision that we need to win more immunity challenges.

JAMIE: In all of your law classes, I'm surprised they didn't teach how to just be quiet and listen. You don't have to be the most intelligent person to talk; you kept trying to outdo Rafe and what he was talking about intelligent-wise. There's smart people everywhere. You picked a bad jury. I hope you do a better job next time when you're a real lawyer.

CINDY: This has nothing to do with the kind of person you are, because I've already told you you were a survivor before you started this game. You're an inspiration to me in everything I do because of who you are. It has nothing to do with you, it just has to do with tribal ties that happened before I got to know you. Good luck.

MARGARET: Lydia, you are an incredible woman whom I have great admiration and respect for, and I'm not sure who's stronger, you or Brooke. But I have tribe loyalties, and I gave Brooke my word, and I won't go back. Good luck.

LYDIA: You're a very sweet, wonderful person. I'm happy that I got an opportunity to meet you, but this is nothing personal. I'm just going with the tribe.

RAFE: Brooke, you're an awesome person, but this vote is for strategy tonight. If you go I have the chance to go a lot further. Sorry.

STEPHENIE: You're a sweet girl, I wish I didn't have to do this, but it's part of my strategy to get me further in this game, and it's what I think will get Nakum a couple more immunity wins, hopefully. See you later.

JUDD: Brooke, you need to be more aggressive.


BROOKE'S FINAL WORDS




Clip Description:  Brooke is sad to leave the game but proud of what she has accomplished in the 11 days that she has endured in Guatemala

"Even though I've only gotten to be out here 11 days, it's been incredible. I did so much stuff I never thought I'd be able to do, like survive 11 miles through the jungle, spending one of those nights in the middle of the jungle. I surprised myself in all the challenges, so I'm proud of what I've accomplished out here.

(cut)

I think I've learned a lot more about myself and how much more strength I have than I would have given myself credit for, and you learn a lot about people too and different stereotypes and things like that. I learned a lot too about not judging people kind of at first appearance because a lot of people out here really surprised me. Unfortunately I think it works both ways. I think I got judged by a couple of people on my new team just based on the fact that I've been to law school. Before they gave me a chance they kind of judged me on that, so it was unfortunate I didn't get a longer chance to prove how strong I am.

(cut)

It does feel a little weird to be out here and be penalized for having gone to school and worked hard, but it's a stereotype that someone has, and I'm sure if I had been able to stick around a little longer to prove and prove to Jamie or whoever else that I'm more than just book smarts, and I have a lot of outdoor smarts too. I grew up camping, hiking my whole life. I think I proved myself going through the 11-mile jungle trek, but I don't think my new team members got to see that. So I definitely think my having gone to law school worked against me, but I made a personal decision that I wasn't gonna lie about my background because I think it was too much a part of me; I probably couldn't have done it.

(cut)

I think I don't regret admitting to people I'd been to law school, it's something I'm glad I did, and I think it would be hard to hide something like that that was a bigger part of my life. I didn't want to go in and play the game where people didn't know the real me, or at least the background I came from. I felt like I would have been lying to everybody when they're telling me their backgrounds. Whether it cost m the game or not, I don't regret doing it.

(cut)

Yeah it's sad to be voted off only 11 days into the game. I have a lot of strength and endurance. I think I felt healthy than anyone else throughout the game. I definitely had the strength to keep going. Unfortunately, I didn't get the chance.

(cut)

I want to wish the girls from my original team good luck. Cindy, Danni, Margaret, you guys are some of the strongest women I've ever met, so good luck."



Brooke:  The Day After



Clip Description: The morning after being voted off of Nakum, Brooke is rested and refreshed and takes time to reflect on what went right and what went wrong.

The whole experience was definitely a whole more difficult than I expected.  I mean, just from the get-go we had the 11 mile hike, which is something that you've never seen on the show before.   So, um, there wasn't water to get into to bathe.   That, and the temperature was outrageous.  It was way more difficult than I expected but at the same time, going through it, you know, I was surprised that I had so much energy and that I didn't get injured.  Even thought it was, you know, technically harder than before, I was amazed at how well my body was able to adapt to the whole situation. 

(cut)

I think for someone watching at home, it's next to impossible to just describe how difficult it is.  You can't understand what it's like to be out there in 114 degree weather and doing a challenge for 2 hours, in the sun, with no water, and no shade and having to give it everything you've got.  And it's not like, you know, at home, you go out and exercise and it's like, you rested beforehand, you've eaten a good meal and then you go out and work out and you come home and take a shower.  Out there, there's no break.  There's no going into air conditioning and taking a break.  There's no going home and getting a meal to make yourself feel better.  You don't even get a glass of water.  There's a pot full of water that's been boiling on the fire and you have to drink it or you're going to be too dehydrated.  And you can't dip in the water because you might get bit by crocodiles.  So there's no comfort at all and you can't know what it is like out there doing it.  I mean the best you can do is try and explain it to someone.  But really, you just have to go out in the woods with absolutely nothing and try to live there for as long as you can and see if you can take it.  I was really surprised at how well I held up.  Right when we heard that we had the 11 mile trek, it was like, "are we gonna have to camp in the middle of the jungle?"  You're not suppose to just lay down on the jungle floor, there's snakes, there's scorpions, there's spiders. No shelter, a limited amount of clothing if it pours rain on you, you can't dry off.  So I thought for sure, all of us, that we'd be getting sprained ankles.  I thought we'd be having scorpion bites or snake bites.  Partly, we were lucky on the jungle trek that no one got more injured than they did, barreling through. But I was really surprised afterwards that I wasn't really, I was exhausted in some ways but I wasn't sore.  I didn't have major injuries, I didn't have blisters.  I mean, it's kinda, I was amazed that I was in relatively good shape, especially in comparison to my teammates.  All the guys were throwing up afterwards and had heat exhaustion.  I think the women showed how much stronger we were at the endurance/strength stuff.

(cut)

I'm definitely disappointed that I couldn't have stayed in the game.  I was going strong when I got voted out.  I wasn't feeling weak.  I wasn't sick.  I was doing great at challenges.  In some ways, I'm glad I went out before I did anything stupid or really screwed up. But at the same time, it's like,  I want my team to vote me off because I blew it at a challenge rather than because I did something stupid.  I want to be told "you're too smart, we're voting you off."  I wish I could have done more because I was ready to be out there for 39 days.  I wasn't ready to come back.

(cut)

For me, the corn tasted great at the start.  I would have eaten anything.  But then, once it started to go through everyone's system, it was, in one end, out the other.  That was so miserable that no one wanted to eat the corn anymore and then you're really starving out there trying to do these challenges and not having anything to eat.  You can't describe it to someone sitting at home with all their food.  I would have never known what it was like.  Nothing prepared me for it.  There just wasn't anything you could do.  You can fast for one day but that doesn't compare to being out there 11 days.  I think people can realize that, here we are losing more than a pound a day because you're sweating so much in the humidity.  Complete starvation.

(cut)

I really walked away from the whole experience a lot stronger.  I realized a lot of limits of what I thought I could do were very much in my mind and when I go out there and do it there is so much more that I can accomplish if I just don't stop myself from doing it mentally.  The thing, too, I really learned is, how strong women can be out there, versus men.  Even I thought that guys are so much more physically strong but when we did that 11 mile jungle trek, it was really the women that  came out on top.  And Jim, too, he was the oldest one in the group and he was faring better than the young, strong, healthy guys.  They were the ones that were bent over with heat exhaustion.  And, so, I was impressed with the women that I met out there, with Cindy and Danni and Margaret and just how strong we all were.


WE WERE SO CLOSE




Clip Description:  Rafe really, really thought his tribe would win immunity but it didn't happen.  He tries to decide how to vote at the upcoming tribal council.

RAFE:  "You know today we were SO close on the immunity challenge. Like, we had that. We were really far ahead on the rowing and throwing and it just slipped away from us. In some ways it might be a good thing. Selfishly I was hoping for a few more days here to build up bonds before we have to go to Tribal Council, but for Amy, Gary and Brian, they would just be flat-out screwed if they went to a Tribal Council, I think, so soon. So maybe this will give them a few more days and we can work something out a little more quickly here. Which is kind of what we tried to do today. Steph and I talked, and Jamie - Steph, Jamie and I approached Judd about kind of joining up with us and taking out Brooke. Stephenie and I were kind of like exaggerating, we were like, 'She was like, 'Why didn't you [Judd] step down?'' We were playing the game because we had to. This is the first time we have to play hardball today, or we will not be around very soon. Stephenie and I kind of formed a bond. It's kind of the 2 of us, and we bounce things off each other and stuff. And so we went and talked to Judd, and him and Jamie are really close, they're like blood brothers already. They're talking and I can barely understand what they're saying with Jamie's Southern accent and Judd's New York accent. It's like some kind of accent explosion all over the place. They get along really well. And Judd's an awesome guy. I was so nervous coming over here. I was like, 'Any tribe but Judd's tribe, they can't do that, he's so negative about everything.' But it's worked out well, the 2 of us get along fine.

(cut)

Tonight at Tribal Council it's 4 Nakum and 4 Yaxha head to head, and all we need to do, our plan since we got here, was to flip one of them for at least the first Tribal Council so we can get a leg up, and hopefully it will be Judd. Hopefully he will vote with us. I really think he might vote with us because is not happy with Brooke, the two of them don't seem to get along anyways, which is sad, because it seems like every young, attractive female that I start to get along with is voted off that night. If it's Brooke tonight it's 3 in a row. (laughs) I'm like a curse for those poor girls.

(cut)

Lydia, none of us have gotten a chance to talk to yet. I would like to see her stay around a lot longer. When I saw the new tribes I was like, 'This could be Lydia's new birth in this game. She could be lasting for a while if we get the upper hand here.' And so Jamie said he already talked to Lydia a little bit about it yesterday, but I would just like to sit down and reassure Lydia that she is very safe with us. I'd like to see her go far in this game. She's very important, every single person we're depending on, all 5 of us, need to vote that way tonight. Or there's be a tie or some kind of vote we're not expecting. Each of those 5 people is important tonight.


BAACHI BALL

Clip Description:  Yaxha takes a little break from the plotting and planning to play a little baachi ball, Survivor-style.

(Stephenie and Brian are using fruit as baachi balls)

Brian: Baachi's not my sport.

Steph: Yeah, me neither.

(Stephenie and Rafe react when Steph does well)

Rafe (solo): It's just been a really fun vibe around camp. Everyone playing, having fun, laughing. We made baachi, we made checkers, it's just been like one of the the best days we've had out here so far.

GARY (near the fire, whispering to the camera): This is interesting. They're playing games and painting balls and I'm still worried about the food cause it's gonna run out.

(Brian does badly)

R: Ooh, a wild shot.

(Jamie does well, Rafe cheers for him and grabs his arm)

G: I don't plan on playing baachi ball until my stomach is a little fuller than it is at the moment.

Gary (solo; separate interview): Attitudes are high. Everybody's jovial. They're relaxed right now but they know we have to start working again so we can have dinner (smiles) - if that's what you call it.


TO LIE OR NOT TO LIE




Clip Description:  Either everybody's lying or they're really dumb.  That's Gary's rationale for lying to the others about his past as an NFL quarterback.  Are you convinced?


GARY (on the dock, post-switch):

"If any of them in their mind are saying, 'Yeah, he did play,' I don't think it's gonna get me off any quicker if they say I'm lying about it. They're all playing a game. If they don't have a strategy, they're lying, or they're really dumb. Either way, if I came out right now and said, 'Yeah, that's me,' that would hurt me more than denying it all the time, because then I would be admitting to lying in the game. And again, outside the game, I never lie. I don't have a problem with - this is part of the rules of the game. I'm totally comfortable with myself in society. I know what I stand for. I know my morals. Lying's one of the biggest no-nos in my house. And my family knows me and my friends know me. I needed a strategy and that's my strategy.

(cut)

Knowing the rules of the game, and knowing my strategy coming in, trying to cover this up, it does make me a little vulnerable, cause you always have to be on your toes, you can't react to everything. There's lots of things I want to be saying, and I ain't saying 'em. Everybody's got these stories, this and that, and I'm just sitting back saying, 'let me hear 'em.' But that's tough cause your human nature says react, talk, and tell somebody about your experiences. Nah, I'm not doing it. That's not why I'm here.

(cut)

When I heard that Blake is from Dallas, it kind of made me a little nervous, cause I knew he was some kind of athlete. I found out he was a tennis player in high school, a really god one, then he hurt his shoulder. Just by him naming the restaurants, where he goes and hangs out, is just bringing back memories for me. I'm glad he's as young as he is and doesn't remember anything.

(cut)

I think by all the questions they're asking me, if they're trying to catch me, they should be trying to catch me if they're playing the game the way they're supposed to be playing it. So I don't know if they are or not, but the good part about the landscaping thing is I do that work. I answer it cause I know it. So it's just another phase in my life."



NEW YAXHA

Clip Description:  Yaxha's new tribemates bond over a basket of luscious fruit.  Let the backstabbing begin.

(NuYaxha returns to camp after the switch)

BRIAN: Hey, we got fruit! Nice!

(Brian/Blake/Danni/Brian/Bobby Jon hug.)

Brian (shakes Brandon's hand): You guys are tough.

DANNI (solo): My gosh, to come back to camp and see this basket of fruit. Oh, it's just - you don't even understand it.

Bobby: Let's figure out how to eat. Brian, tell us how you want to eat.

(scene aired on the show where Brian says he does a lot of work in camp because he isn't tired, and Bobby tells him to take it easy so they can win challenges)

Bobby: Let's have dinner, ya'll.

D: Yeah, they're eating chicken, man.

Bobby: Ants are gonna get on this stuff, ya'll. I'm just gonna eat.

D: Is that syrup?

Brian: Honey, actually (?).

(shots of them eating)

Bobby: It's good.

Brian: Welcome guys, welcome.

Bobby: Thanks for having us.

Brian: Thanks for being here.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Interview: Brooke´s Theories



no transcript, description:
Brooke says she and Jamie went to get tree mail. At first they thought it was a paddle, but they already got one of those. Then they noticed “thingies” sticking out around it so she thought it might be a club you might whack someone with. This is what she said. And she thought she got kicked out for being too smart. They think the challenge might be a relay with paddling the canoe and then run and hitting something with the club. Well, they’re close.
She thinks it’s important to win immunity because they’re a new tribe (and the other tribe had been around for ages, apparently) and everyone’s getting along. They don’t want to have to start talking about alliances.
They’ve talked a little about alliances, and it appears that the other tribe was in the same position as they were. They went to tribal council and voted off the weakest. She hasn’t had much time to talk to Margaret since she got back really late, but they seem to think that it will be a 4-4 tie.
Nakum kept wanting her to sit out challenges, and since the theme is to vote out the weakest, she thinks she might be in a better position if she went with the Yaxha. She’s open to switching things up a bit.
When she heard about the new tribe, she wasn’t happy. Especially because she wasn’t on the team where there’s a majority. Since Yaxha didn’t seem to have an alliance, she thinks the vote might be easier. Silly rabbit, tribal alliances always win out. OK, almost always.

Since the mixup, she feels she’s in a better position (pause for laughter in the audience). She just thinks there are more options, not just voting out the weakest. Cindy won’t talk about voting anyone off until after the challenge, which Brooke thinks is a mistake because it will turn out to be a mad scramble to find someone to be voted off. Not if they already have someone in mind, Brooke.

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat