úterý 15. dubna 2014

season 12 episode 6 insider videos

La Mina Votes Dan Out 

Nick (votes for Dan): Dan the man, you oughta know this is coming tonight. I love you so much. Thank you for everything that you've showed me. I look up to you, too. I can't wait til we're swapping stories over chocolate milk in western Massachusetts.

Dan <votes for Austin>: Hey I know it's me tonight and ahhhh, Austin, this is just a vote because I have to vote for somebody. I knew that we'd all play the game together and be friends for life. I'm going to miss you guys sorely. And, good luck and do well. Oh and also I promised Terry I'd never vote for him so I can't vote for Terry tonight.

Austin <votes for Dan> Dan, when it's all said and done with, if I can be half the man you are, I'll consider my life an immense success. It's been an honor.

Terry <votes for Dan>: Dan, sorry buddy but I'm doing this just for the strength of the tribe. Dan, you're an amazing man. Your trust, our conversation, your experiences and hardships we've endured have validated all of that for me. You've seen things and been places that we can only marvel at. Dan Barry, your new call sign is Fuego and your six? is clear with me buddy.

DAN'S FINAL WORDS 
Clip Description:  Hungry Dan has just seen Jeff snuff his torch and seal his fate but he really has nothing bad to say about his tribemates.  He loved his time on Survivor

"This was a wonderful adventure; it just ended way too soon. I loved every day out here- so beautiful. Another wonderful, amazing day in paradise. The only thing I have to say is thank you to my family for letting Dad go off on another crazy adventure. I love you so much and I can't wait to see you.

(cut)

I was a little surprised by Terry's decision. I would never have voted for Terry, and I was surprised that he voted for me. I thought we could go to a 2 vs. 2 and have a showdown. But he's gotta play his game, I respect that. He will always be my friend.

(cut)

Yeah, this couldn't possibly compare to space flight, the dream of my life. This is a completely different thing, an opportunity to live with nature, something I'd never done before. So yes, it's beautiful, wonderful - I saw two new bird species every day and the sunrise. If I could, I'd pitch a tent on that beach and just keep living there. It was wonderful.

(cut)

I think my tribemates underestimated my grit. I think they forgot there's no one other than Terry that can dive, but you know, you can't second call people's impressions and their decisions. They made a tough call and I'm not going to begrudge them that. They're still good friends, and it was still an amazing, amazing adventure, even if it was kind of short.

(cut)

I hope this tribe goes on to get close to even before the merge. I wish them all the best, they're dear friends and they will be forever. Stay and fight hard, grind it out. I know you did what you felt you had to do - personally I felt it was the wrong decision, but I'm still rooting for you in spirit.

(cut)

I'm going to take away from this experience an understanding that I can be with nature. I was not self-sufficient, I couldn't get the food that I would have needed to live alone, but I would have figured that out. I can be comfortable being uncomfortable, and it's OK, and that's something I wanted to find out. Not only is it OK, but it was wonderful. Living with nature was wonderful. Iguanas coming up and letting me pet them. Oh my goodness. Fabulous – fabulous!"

Scene: BREATHLESS 
Clip Description:  But not in a good way.  Weakened from lack of food, Dan is getting weaker and weaker.  Not to worry though, right after he gets voted out, Dan gets a square meal.

(Dan puts some firewood on the fire)

DAN: Just walking back and forth from there, and I'm out of breath.

DAN (solo): The last couple of days I find that the smallest task kind of leaves me out of breath.

(Dan rests in the shelter while Austin/Nick/Terry work the fire)

AUSTIN: You guys, we got to get some food in Dan. He's laid out up there.

TERRY: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.

DAN (resting in shelter): It's amazing, just walking around just saps your energy. I felt a little out of breath there, and I decided to sit down for a minute.

DAN (solo): It has been tough for me. Starvation is no pleasant thing, and that's exactly what we're undergoing now.

DAN, THE DAY AFTER
Clip Description:  The morning after being voted out of La Mina, astronaut Dan has a good attitude about his experiences on Survivor.  Although he starved, he had fun every day.

"I learned a lot about myself from this experience. One instant (? or On instinct?), I'm a little naive, I took a handshake from a guy I probably shouldn't have too early. But I learned some really wonderful things too. I wondered - how would I do under deprived circumstances? In my life I've done some very difficult and challenging things, but always with a PHENOMENAL amount of support right behind me, ready to catch me, ready to show me when I'm going down the wrong path. I wanted to know - how would I do without that kind of support? I felt like it was fantastic. And that sense was something I really wanted to know. The second thing I wanted to know is how WOULD I behave when it came down to dealing with an agreement you made vs. making a million dollars. And that question was answered for me in the first three days. The relationships were so much more important than anything that had to do with the prize at the end of the rainbow. I was really happy to learn those things about myself.

(cut)

I think the hardest thing I'm going to have to explain when I go back is actually not to the folks at home, but to the people I used to work with. That is, there were a couple of places, particularly a puzzle challenge at the end, where I was deprived of enough nutrition or whatever that my judgment was impaired, and I was not aware my judgment was impaired, because I did something that was incredibly uncharacteristic of me. I started to solve a puzzle, I had a solution in my head, a plan, it didn't work out, and I backed out right away and started looking randomly around for some other answer. You do that in space, and you can die.

(cut)

I expected this to be interesting and difficult, and my biggest surprise was that it was not only interesting and difficult, but it was fun. (points finger) It was fun! It's crazy to say you're starving and having fun - I had fun every day out here. I cannot believe it. In 15 days I ate about an ounce of food - I had no hunger pains. I was weak, yeah, I had bad judgment, but I wasn't suffering, I wasn't in pain. I had fun every day.

(cut)

I did not expect to go without food for 12 days straight. So in that sense it was harder, but it was actually much easier to go without food for 12 days than I thought it could be. If you'd asked me could you go 12 days without food, I would've said no. Turns out you can. So the overall experience was much easier than I thought it would be because the deprivation didn't hurt as much as I thought, and the environment and camaraderie were so much better than I thought it would be. It nevertheless was physically the most difficult thing I've ever done, but mentally, this was a breeze. This was a beautiful, incredible, wonderful experience.

(cut)

There was never a time that I considered quitting this game. This game was energizing spiritually; it was very hard physically. There were times I was staggering from dehydration, that was really hard but it's a joyous experience.  There was no...there was never a moment...someone asked me along the way, "have you felt despair since you've been here?"   Anything but.  Anything but.  Despair is when you're in a situation where you see no end.  Despair is when there is no light at the end of the tunnel.  There was constant light at the end of the tunnel.  You're safe here.  It's beautiful!  Spiritually invigorating.  I understand that what might invigorate me might not mean the same things to other people.  Everybody is unique and everybody responds in different ways.  I didn't have some of the medical problems that other people had on this show.  There were people that were up all night with emesis and diarrhea.  Some had terrible reactions and nightmares and we had explosions from this lightening bolt that struck ten feet from our heads and I thought it was the coolest thing ever but there were people who really didn't like that.  So I would never judge someone to say that "Oh well you're a whimp because you couldn't handle this."  Hey, this is difficult.  There is some serious deprivation here.  If you are not in the mode of being just wondrously amazed by the environment you're in, this could be a very scary place.  I could see very strong people not being able to complete this game.  I don't think less of someone.  This is hard, physically hard but I got lucky. 

(cut)


Yeah, when Nick said that they were getting rid of the weakest link, that ticked me off.  Because I understood that we were there because their alliance held and my alliance didn't.  But the weakest link, they were not getting rid of the weakest link.  Look back on the facts, back in the sand.  I'm the guy that held Aras down while we won the point.  Next point Aras participates, he steals a pillow from Nick and scores.  Day later, we're out in the water.  I'm underwater untying knots with no goggles blind.  Nick's up in the boat paddling around, Austin's waiting back at the challenge to put together a puzzle piece.  Another day, yeah, I'm lousy in the balance beam, I fall off and move like Grandma Moses.  Where's Nick?  He's up in the crow's nest because he felt too woozy to participate.  At least I was out there busting my butt, doing my best to perform.  I'm the guy that built the shelter.  I built the fire shelter.  I put together the fireplace.  In the morning, it was Terry or I that was starting those fires.  I didn't see Nick or Austin one day start a magnesium flare fire.  There were multiple times that I performed in challenges and around the camp that made it clear that they did not vote out the weakest link.

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat