středa 14. května 2014

early show 13 episode 9

Video:




Transcript by James Barber for SurvivorFever.net - 11.10.06

JULIE: It was another stunning episode of Survivor Cook Islands. First there was a shuffling of the tribes, as Jonathan and Candice turned their backs on Aitu. Raro was wary of Jonathan, but Brad had already said too much.


(clips)

JULIE: Brad Virata, good morning.

BRAD: Julie Chen, how are you?

JULIE: Did he (Nate) just call you Slim Shady?

BRAD: Yeah, Slim Shady.

JULIE: Well, does he have any right to call you that?

BRAD: No. I don't think so. I played a fair game from the minute I stepped onto the island.

JULIE: Do you think you spoke in truth too much, and that's what got you voted off, because it was almost as if we were reading your mind. You said, "It's every man for himself."

BRAD: Yeah, I tell it like it is, and I don't like to candycoat things, like a lot of other people on the tribe. Like I said, I played a fair game and I tried to tell the truth from the get go.

JULIE: Were you surprised they voted you off last night?

BRAD: Yeah. I thought after the mutiny Jonathan was for sure the next person to be voted off.

JULIE: Yeah, he doesn't seem to be very liked on either end.

BRAD: No, he doesn't, but truth be told, he is a likeable person off the island. On the island, he's the one who should have been Slim Shady.

JULIE: Do you take it as a compliment that they voted you off because they knew you were a threat?

BRAD: Yeah, I think Nate put it clear in the tent when he was talking to Adam, that after the merge he thought I would have gotten back together with my original Puka tribe. Yul and Becky. I think he and Adam thought I would be a threat after the merge.

JULIE: On last night's episode, we saw the mutiny. Were you shocked by that?

BRAD: Totally shocked. Didn't know what was going on. It was something I hadn't seen before. Even more so shocked to see Jonathan and Candice step off the mat. That took a lot of guts because then you have four or five people vying against you.

JULIE: Did you even consider it?

BRAD: It crossed my mind for a fraction of a second, just because I had a really tight alliance with Becky and Yul from day 2. Strong alliances were formed off the bat.

JULIE: But you chose not to because...?

BRAD: The entire Raro tribe would have it out for me at the end of the day. I needed to look at long-term, so…

JULIE: When you're on this island and playing this game, is it constant strategizing? Especially since Jeff Probst only gave you 10 seconds to make up your mind.

BRAD: It is constant strategizing, but I think for the most part I just wanted to challenge myself. It was definitely a humbling experience, and after everything was said and done, I made a ton of really great friends.

JULIE: We have a Secret Scene I want to play. I haven't seen it yet either, so let's play it and talk about it on the way out.

BRAD: OK, cool.

[(Brad and Pavarti watch Jonathan climbing a tree)

BRAD (solo): I like Jonathan. He's like a really personable guy. He's making himself useful, that's for sure.

Jonathan: If I had a machete, it would help. Can you just toss it up?

BRAD (solo): He's a really good guy, and he's contributing a lot. Unfortunately it has come too late in the game, so I think ultimately he's the one who's going to get voted off.
]

JULIE: Now did you try to get people to get Jonathan off other than you, or...?

BRAD: I thought everyone was going to vote Jonathan off. Nate had mentioned two or three times that it was Jonathan's head on the chopping block, he couldn't be trusted. I know Adam didn't really get along with him, so…

JULIE: You are the first member of the jury. I bet you were caught off guard by that.

BRAD: Yeah, totally stoked to be a member of jury. It usually doesn't happen this early in the game, so to me it was a complete shock. But it's good. So you get to see me throughout the season at Tribal Council.

JULIE: Now Brad, in real life, when you aren't vying for a million dollars on some island with strangers, you work in the fashion industry. You live in LA. What's more cutthroat - the fashion industry or Survivor?

BRAD: I would definitely have to say the fashion industry. It's sink or swim.

JULIE: You're kidding!

BRAD: No. I work for Lucky Brand jeans, as the director of men's merchandising. It's a fantastic company to work for, but when you're dealing with - it's all about juggling and babysitting people's personalities, especially when it comes to people on the island or designers.

JULIE: Oh my God. Brad Virata, thank you so much.

BRAD (shakes her hand): Julie.

JULIE: Pleasure talking to you.

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat