neděle 20. dubna 2014

early show 12 epsiode 2

Melinda Hyder's Early Show Interview

Video:



Transcript by James Barber 2.10.06

HARRY: Last night on Survivor Panama: Exile Island, the four teams merged into two. Unfortunately for singer Melinda Hyder, things ended on a sour note.

(clips)

HARRY: And Melinda Hyder is with us this morning. Good morning. How are you?

MELINDA: Good morning. I'm good, thank you. How are you?

HARRY: I'm OK. I was just disturbed watching the show last night, because I didn't feel like you guys were getting a fair shake in that tribe. That's just me; that's me personally.

MELINDA: Thank you. I completely agree.

HARRY: It's a little late.

(Melinda laughs)

HARRY: When you went to Tribal Council, you knew the deal was done, you knew there was no chance anybody was going to flip or...

MELINDA: Yes.

HARRY: Did you have any shot whatsoever?

MELINDA: Not after Shane changed his mind and wanted to stay, and after they came to us and said, 'It's either you or Cirie.' That situation. Actually we knew before Tribal Council that it was going to be me.

HARRY: It seems so bizarre - here's Shane, this is this guy who has a 3-pack-a-day cigarette habit, he's completely high-strung, he says he's got ADHD, everything else, 'Get me off the island.' Why are they talking a guy who wants off the island to stay on the island? What's going on there?

MELINDA: Well, the only thing that I can think of is they had an alliance, and in their minds it would better to keep him because he's numbers. Out there numbers is a huge thing, and if you've got the numbers you're doing well. And so Courtney, Danielle, Aras and Shane, they had the numbers.

HARRY: Bizarre. Just bizarre.

MELINDA: I completely agree. When someone is begging to go home...

HARRY: Send 'em home. Adios.

MELINDA: Yeah. And you've got somebody else who's fighting to stay, I completely agree.

HARRY: Was your heart broken?

MELINDA: Yeah. I mean, in a lot of ways, because it was really hard out there, and the longer I stayed actually the harder it got, but the more I wanted to stay. I really wanted to stay.

HARRY: So you were really starting to get into it.

MELINDA: I wanted to stay. I wanted to fight it out. To have it be in that manner...I didn't have a chance. I didn't have a chance.

HARRY: What was it like for you to be sitting there with Cirie, and Aras comes into camp, he says, basically, "You or you are going home." To me that was just the epitome of arrogance.

MELINDA: It was really hard. At that point I said, "What do you want us to do? Rock-paper-scissors to decide?" And he was like, "Well, yeah, maybe." And I was like, "Hello! I worked my butt off to be here. I'm certainly not going to do rock-paper-scissors to decide if I'm going home or not."

HARRY: Yeah. Total, total, total raw deal. I don't know, maybe it's an age thing. Maybe I'm turning on these young people.

(Melinda laughs)

HARRY: We've got a Secret Scene. That's one of the things we do here. A Secret Scene that was not seen on the show last night, not seen anywhere else, we'll show it and get your reaction.

MELINDA: OK.

[

MELINDA (solo): My new tribemates, most of them are not somebody I would choose to hang out with in my normal life. (shot of Aras doing yoga exercises on the beach) Well, you've got Danielle, Courtney and Aras, who are young. You've got Bobby, who was on the younger tribe even though he's my age. And then you have Shane, who's older but doesn't really act like he's older. We are completely different people.

(group tries to start a fire)

SHANE: Who's the (bleep) that said it could start to rain? Cause that's (bleeped) up.

MELINDA (solo): Their language is just horrible. It's lifestyle and attitudes in that type of a situation. It was an invasion, I think. A definite invasion. (laughs)]

HARRY: Invasion.

MELINDA: Well, see, because once our tribes merged, all of those people came back to the island that Cirie and I had already lived on. And if you'll remember the younger men and the younger women didn't have shelters, really, and so then they came on our island and we had this nice shelter - well, I mean nice for "Survivor"...

HARRY: Which brings me to mind to Tina.

MELINDA: Yes.

HARRY: She was here last week. Here you have this outdoor woman...

MELINDA: Yes.

HARRY: ...who knows how to make shelters, can make fires. I'm thinking, "What are you girls thinking knocking Tina off?" What was the theory behind that?

MELINDA: Well, part of it was because she was strong, and you do need to be aware of that, because later on in challenges, Lord she could definitely beat me, but also, it wasn't as if Tina really did all the work. We all worked on the shelter, a lot of times when she was off searching the island, we needed to do (Harry motions to move on)...yeah, we needed to do a lot of that kind of stuff.

HARRY: Here's my question. I'm watching Shane with this overt, crazy kind of behavior, and I'm wondering if he's playing crazy like a fox, as opposed to actually being crazy. In as much as you can say, for the time you...

MELINDA: I personally think no, it wasn't an act, he was probably really crazy.

(Harry laughs)

HARRY: We know you're a singer. Do you sing in Dollywood?

MELINDA: I did sing in Dollywood. I don't anymore, but I did sing in Dollywood for about 6 years.

HARRY: So what's up now?

MELINDA: I'm going to be working at a brand new theater in Asheville, North Carolina called Carolina Country Theater.

HARRY: Wow, wow. So we can line up and buy our tickets now to see you.

MELINDA: Definitely. Definitely.

HARRY: Well, it's a pleasure to meet you.

MELINDA: No, it's wonderful to meet you.

HARRY: Thanks very very much. (shakes her hand)

MELINDA: No, thank you.

HARRY: Melinda Hyder.

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat