pondělí 21. dubna 2014

early show 12 episode 12

Courtney Marit's Early Show Interview

Video:

Transcript by James Barber for SurvivorFever.net  4.28.06

RENE: Well, last night on Survivor: Exile Island, Terry managed to stay alive for yet another week, forcing members of the Casaya alliance to turn on themselves. First casualty was fire dancer Courtney Marit, who saw her million dollar dreams go up in smoke.

<video clips>

RENE: Courtney Merit, good morning.


COURTNEY: Good morning.

RENE: So, who do you blame for you being here today?

COURTNEY: Well, I had no idea Cirie was such a wolf in sheep's clothing, that's for sure.

RENE: Wow. Do you blame her then?

COURTNEY: Not so much. We had a strogline with Danielle. We also had a friendship, 30 days long.

RENE: Yeah, but come on, it's Survivor. It's outwit, outlast, outplay.

COURTNEY:  I know. That's where I was naive. I thought I could be devious and all that being out there, but it's harder than you think. I actually trusted her, and that was a big mistake.

RENE: Do you think Danielle was getting back at you, cause you guys had a little argument there.

COURTNEY:  I think it was growing. I think she had some fear that I was going team up with Terry in the final 2, so I posed a threat to her, so...

RENE:  But you did actually, when you went out on the reward challenge, you and Terry did sort of align. Do you regret that?

COURTNEY:  I would say looking back in hindsight, I do regret that, because it ended up causing a rift between Danielle and I, which Danielle and I were the strongest alliance, I felt like I could count on her.

RENE: Talk to me about the immunity challenge last night. That looked so difficult, because in the end it was you and Terry as the last two hanging on. They started out putting on 20% of your body weight, then 30% - have you ever done anything that difficult?

COURTNEY:  Oh definitely. I was a gymnast for 16 years, so I've definitely been in tough situations where you got to hang onto the bar and not let go. But I had 3 cortisone shots in my elbow before I came out here, from an injury. I was hanging on, and it just clicked in. I couldn't hang on to those ropes too much longer. If I could I would, but I don't like to live in the game in the past. I came back with a lot out of it.

RENE: You took your fire sticks out there. That was your luxury item. And that's part of our secret scene. I want to take a look at that.

[(nighttime at Gitanos)

COURTNEY (solo): We got out luxury items, and my fire equipment has been all over the world with me. It just like represents a good time. It's like meditation. When you play with the staffs, you're not thinking about the game. It gives you a chance, gives you a break.

(the usual nightvision shot slowly segues to color as Courtney does her fire dance on the beach)

"Fire is energy. Fire is warmth. And for me, fire DOES represent life, like in my other life.
]

RENE: You're so graceful with those fire sticks. Could you imagine being out there without those fire sticks?

COURTNEY: Actually when I got them I was like wow, I don't have much food or anything else. They're kind of like my American Express card, I don't leave home without them. They really do bring me joy and that's where all my energy goes, putting on shows and performing.

RENE: Well, now you're off the island, with your fire sticks, and I want to do a quick word association.

COURTNEY: Uh-oh.

RENE:  I'm going to name the 5 people left and you just give me a 1 word answer. What do you think of Terry?

COURTNEY:  Powerful.

RENE: Cirie?

COURTNEY:  Devious.

RENE:  Oh. Aras?

COURTNEY (takes a while to find a word): Confused?

RENE:  Danielle?

COURTNEY:  Fake.

RENE:  Wow! Oh gosh, that's deep.

COURTNEY: Not fake, but you know, she's just...

RENE:  No, I said a 1-word answer.

COURTNEY:  I know, that's the first word I trusted.

RENE: And Shane?

COURTNEY: Vibrant, in a chaotic way. Does that work?

RENE: That's 3 words.

COURTNEY: Oh shoot, okay.

RENE: Courtney Marit, it's good to see you, I'm sorry to see you here early, as I'm sure you are too. Very nice to meet you.

COURTNEY: It's a great experience, I learned a great deal, and I'm just thankful that I got to experience such an event in my life.

RENE: Good luck to you Courtney.

COURTNEY: Thank you. 

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat