sobota 5. dubna 2014

survivor 11 episode 6 insider videos

YAXHA VOTES OUT BRIAN
Transcribed by James Barber 


Clip Description:  Find out what the Yaxha members really had to say as they cast their votes for Brian at Tribal Council.


GARY: Brian, you're a great kid, you're gonna be successful, but you're way too smart. Good luck.

BRIAN: This would be the outwit part of outwit, outplay, outlast. I didn't fight to get out of the minority only to be put back into it tonight. I hope Rafe understood why I told him that Gary needed immunity, because Gary shouldn't be getting any votes anyway, and I don't want my plan messed up.

BOBBY JON: Brian, you're a great kid with a ton of heart. You've done a remarkable job, you should be proud of yourself.

AMY: Brian, I'm voting for you. It's either you or me, brother. Good luck.

BRANDON: Brian, you're one of the most generous guys I've ever met, but I have to stay true to my alliance.

DANNI: I really wish you hadn't given the immunity away, because that would have made the decision a little bit easier. I think you're an awesome guy and it's hard to write your name down. You're a gentleman and your mom should be proud of you.




NAKUM VOTES OUT MARGARET
Transcribed by James Barber


Clip Description:  See what the Nakum tribe said while casting their votes for Margaret at Tribal Council.


JAMIE: Since the tribes switched over, you've had your head down and always depressed. We knew you came to try to get the first Nakum together and get rid of the old Yaxha. It's not a team ting. We're trying to keep the best and get rid of the weak. You are the weakest on this. It makes me so angry how you rode coattails when the other team was better and then when you had to play underdog you couldn't handle it and you just gave up and died. You have no heart, so this country boy's writing the doctor's prescription and that's to get out of the jungle. Stay away from my tribe.

LYDIA: What a wonderful person you are. I really enjoyed having a one-to-one talk with you. Sharing recipes, sharing ideas, laughing. But you gotta remember - this is a game, and the tribe has spoken.

JUDD: Hey Margaret, if you leave the jungle now, it ain't soon enough, man. GET OUT NOW!

STEPHENIE: Margaret, you've caused way too much tension, especially with one of our strongest who we really need, and I didn't like your comment about me making the same mistake that I made on Palau. I think you made a huge mistake. See you later.

RAFE: Margaret, you're a strong, intelligent woman, and I'm sorry you let your problems with Judd cripple you in this game. I hope you have the best of luck.

CINDY: You're a tough lady with a soft heart. Thanks for caring, playing the game, listening, and knowing all the differences. Thanks a lot. Good luck.

MARGARET: Judd, you are a bully, you're self-righteous, you're rude, you're profane - and that's probably why you've gotten this far. No one like you deserves a million dollars. My vote's for you, buddy.



THE BOTTOM LINE
Transcribed by James Barber




Clip Description:  Gary and Danni discuss their plan to vote off Brian before heading to Tribal Council.


Danni (solo): I think for Bobby Jon and Brandon, the decision's kind of been Brian. And I feel like I need to be loyal to Bobby Jon and Brandon. At this point I don't know who I'm gonna vote for. You know, I need to talk to Gary, and see how he feels about the situation as well.

Danni (to GARY): I just wanna make sure we're all in agreement.

Gary: Right.

Danni: I don't know. Amy's ankle's bad, but she came back on it. She's fine.

Gary: I'm fine.

Danni: And she's smart. And I like Brian, he's smart.

Gary: I love Brian, but...

Danni: The guys think she might be a little tougher, if we have to go girl on girl [in the challenges]...

Gary: I say we keep Amy, and we vote for Brian. I mean, this is tough, and this is ugly.

Gary (solo): 15 days we've been out here with Brian. This is gonna be tough, because he is such a good kid. The bottom line is, it's him or me, and I'm glad it's him and not me.



BRIAN'S FINAL WORDS
Transcribed by James Barber




Clip Description:  Brian sums up his Survivor experience after being voted out of Yaxha.


"Well, I certainly went down fighting. I said I'd come and play this game with a smile the entire time. I did everything I could, and I think they thought I was scheming too quickly, I think maybe they thought they couldn't trust me, which is fine. I'm really glad they're playing a good game. I did not see that coming, which is how I wanted to go out. I knew that if I were going to go out of this game before the win, I would definitely not want to know, because if I knew, I would have felt like I should have done something about it. So the fact that they pulled one over on me, I'm really proud of them, I'm glad they're playing the game.

(cut)

Of course I'm sorry to disappoint my family and friends, I came out here for you guys. I love you all, and I hope you don't make fun of me. It was a great time. I was here for 15 days, I never felt fatigued at all. I tried not to complain. The food was great, I didn't mind the corn at all. The people who voted me out are good people, and I guess they did the right thing in their eyes thinking I was scheming too much. I wasn't about to let Amy go - well I couldn't let Amy go instead of me of course (rolls eyes) - I wasn't about to let Amy go and then put myself in the minority again. I thought I had a really good plan going in, I know I played this game hard, and I'm glad they're playing it even harder. So good luck to everybody and I love my family and friends, and everyone I work with, and my students, and I hope you're all proud of me. I hope I didn't disappoint.

(cut)
I'm happy to say I wouldn't have done anything differently because I didn't know I was gonna get voted out. I thought I had a really great plan going in. I thought it was solid, I thought Gary and Amy were on board. Other than that I think I played a great game, I was great in physical challenges, I was well-liked around camp, so there really wasn't anything I should have done differently, other than make sure Gary and Amy were voting my way, which clearly they weren't.

(cut)

I'm a very secure person, and going into this game I knew a lot about myself, so I didn't really learn a lot about myself because everything that came out I already knew I could handle. Whether it was a torrential downpour, or a physical challenge, or people scheming around me, I knew I would be fine. I'm coming out of this exactly as I came into it.

(cut)

The trip to Guatemala was just amazing. The fact that I got to camp, the fact that I did the 11-mile hike and all these challenges, everything, just pushing myself, I've never really had to push myself before. So I'll take from this experience the fact that I was able to go into a really difficult situation and come out feeling great.




MARGARET'S FINAL WORDS
Transcribed by James Barber




Clip Description:  Margaret gives her final thoughts on the game minutes after her torch is snuffed.


This was an incredible journey. I learned a lot about myself. I met some amazing people. Most of all, I learned there's no place like home. My best wishes to the Nakum tribe. I'm sure that a lot of the tension will be gone now, but the problem hasn't been solved, and I think you're gonna have a lot of trouble down the line. So take care.

(cut)

At 43 years old I'm not too old to take on an incredible physical challenge, and the mental challenges that came with this adventure. So I know that I'm strong, I know that being true to myself and going forward with integrity means more to me than anything in the world. Not to be second-handed by any bully, or any strong-arming. The most important is to be true to yourself.

(cut)

Emotions are a big part of the game. You definitely have to hold back a lot of times, and you do. You can't show excitement sometimes, or being pissed off. When you're in the jungle for 15 days with people, it gets on your nerve. Problem is the new tribe, the new Nakum tribe, hasn't been with Judd for 15 days. They've only been with him for a few short days. I've been with him, and no amount of money could make me allow someone like Judd to treat me and bully me like he did. It's not in my making, so I had to fend him off. I did what I had to do.

(cut)

Besides personal losses in my life, this was probably physically the most challenging thing I've had to do in my life, and I'm so excited that I did it.



MARGARET, THE DAY AFTER
Transcribed by James Barber




Clip Description:  The day after her torch was extinguished, Margaret reveals the highlights of her Survivor experience, as well as why she feels slightly relieved at being ousted from Nakum.


"Last night at Tribal Council was very difficult. Today I feel pretty good though. I feel a little weak but I've had some food and some water, so physically I feel better. Emotionally, I feel pretty relieved. I'm sad that I'm out of the game because I really wanted to play, but I didn't want to play under the circumstances I was playing under. I didn't want to go, but emotionally it was just a struggle, and so it feels like a burden has been lifted.

(cut)

Tribal Council, I didn't expect that to happen last night, but Jeff asked me a question, and I had to tell him the truth. It was in my best interests to speak my truth, and I knew it would offend Judd, and I knew in Judd's typical fashion he would explode, as he typically does. But I was being true to myself, I was being honest, I was being factual, and so I spoke the truth.

(cut)

When Jeff put out my torch, it was both sadness and relief. Sadness that the game was over for me, because it was a great almost 2 weeks, but it was a relief because the previous couple days had been horrible, so getting out of the very dysfunctional unit I was working in, or tribe, it was a relief getting out of there.

(cut)

I am disappointed. I hoped the game would play out better than it did. I was certainly ready to deal with the manipulators, but I wasn't ready to or anticipate dealing with someone like Judd. I was disappointed in that. I was disappointed that I would have to battle like that in this game.

(cut)

I'm sure everybody knows someone like Judd, and you can take them in small doses, but when you're living, sleeping, breathing and depending on each other for survival, someone like Judd is absolutely a bomb going off. Not to mention the fact you're dehydrated - I hadn't had food for 3 days. I had had 3 orange slices a day. That's all I'd had. So that kind of circumstances living with someone like Judd, it's absolutely impossible.

(cut)

Perceptions does play a very big part of this game. As far as what I believe the perception of me was, is that I was a strong woman, much the strong, motherly, nursing, nurturing kind, but on the first day of the new tribe mix, it was within 2 hours that Judd was up there and talking with Judd and Stephenie. So I have no doubt that I had no chance from the very beginning. I didn't have any confrontation on the first day of the mix, or even the second, and I let Judd - you know, Judd went around being Judd, and I really didn't oppose him too much. But we already knew it was 5 to 3, and we were marked. It wasn't a matter of perception, it was a matter of numbers. They would have the majority as soon as Judd flipped over, so our days were numbered.

(cut)

My favorite part of the whole Survivor adventure was the first few days, the trek through the jungle. The trek through the jungle was incredible. It was as tough as I can imagine anything being, but that's when I felt my best, and that's when I felt I performed the best. It was awesome, and was the best part of Survivor. I would do it again.

(cut)

The oddest thing I have to say one night we were sleeping underneath the canopy, I had tribe members on both sides so I thought I was safe guy in the middle. Of course a tarantula crawls down the canopy and drops on my leg. So I sit up and I brush it off, or at least I thought I did. So I lay back down, I lay back down, and I'm pretty much covered from head to toe. All the sudden it hops on my face. I jumped up and I swatted it off as quickly as I could, and I yelled to the rest of the tribe, 'There's a spider in the tent.' Of all the tribe members, Jamie, the biggest of all, flips out, jumps up, sits up. They said, 'Are you sure?' I said, 'I'm sure there's a spider in the tent.' Well, I thought I had flipped him off, but he had jumped to the top of my head. And then when I realized he was on the top of my head, I flipped him off and he landed on Jamie, who went running out of camp, only to find a rodent waiting for him at the fire. So that had to be the oddest moment of my Survivor adventure.

(cut)

Lack of food hits you so profoundly, it's unimaginable. and we don't get any food - the only food we get out here we have to find ourselves or win it in reward challenges. First and foremost, keeping ourselves hydrated was an issue, because boiling the water was a tough problem. Just keeping up with fluid, and once we could do that, just trying to find fish, was impossible. What surprised me though was I thought I would have hunger pains in my stomach. And I didn't. I didn't really have hunger pains. The problem becomes you become so weak from not having any nourishment, just standing up, you have to wait a few minutes so you don't fall over. You're so weak that just to walk over to get water is such a great effort, and then you have to lay down and take a nap. And the heat out here's so unbearable, it soaks you of everything. So not having food is not like anything I could ever have predicted. But it's not a painful thing, it's just an overall body weakness where you feel like you just melt into the ground.

(cut)

There's a lot of feeling that come at the end of this game. Being voted off the way I did - there was a lot of hurt in that Tribal Council. It was very hurtful. But I also came out with a great deal of pride, because I spoke the truth, I spoke based on fact, and I kept my integrity about me, so I have a great deal of a pride about how I played the game. And it was an incredible, incredible adventure, and I learned so much about myself, so at the end of the game, I'm sorry the adventure is over, but I gained so much about myself, and met so many wonderful people, that I feel really good about it.



Brian The Day After
Transcribed by DCReads56




Clip Description:  A humble Brian discusses what led to his demise the day after being voted out of the game, and why he was annoyed that his tribe mates kept questioning his sexuality.


Brian: So as a fan of the game I'm glad to see that the rest of my tribe isn't playing this game passively and just rolling over and letting things happen. They actively had a plan going in there, they kept it from me and they’re playing hard. And I’m glad they're playing it hard. I think it makes for a great game, really interesting, lots of fun, and I’m glad there are players out there.

I would have loved to be playing this game straight to the end. I was going to do whatever I needed to do and it's unfortunate that I got voted out. But I have absolutely no regret. You know, one thing I've always heard people say is, "I wouldn't have changed a thing after I got voted off." Thought of the matter is, you lost! You should've changed something because your plan didn’t work out! So you should change something! But honestly, there was nothing that I thought I did wrong. What I should've done I suppose was make sure Gary and Amy were more in that plan. I should've been on top of them a little more and maybe scoping out, feeling for any vibes. That's what I should’ve done differently. (Laughs) But I felt so confident that I didn't think that was necessary at that point. That was my biggest mistake, thinking that my really complicated scheming plan would go over as easily and as simply as I thought it would.

(Cut)

Coming into the game, I knew better than to come in with some kind of concrete strategy because this game is so unpredictable. You don't know how it’s going to start, what's going to happen. So I knew that I wouldn't have real solid strategy until I saw who I was playing with, where they're from, what they're like. Things like that.

I did start with some generalizations: Find the maternal woman, kind of act like a son to her, find the alpha male and really boost up his ego, find the women and be a good listener to them, find the young men and be really cocky around them and kind of soup it up like "We're so cool." So things like that. Some general personalities would be the way to look to see who's what.

But my strategy, no matter what, was going to be: be a chameleon. Show different parts of your personality to different people. I wasn't lying to anybody about things I told them about myself. I was just telling different things to different people depending on what they liked. So when I was with Danni I was especially upright and moral and a nondrinker, and when I was with Bobby Jon I was very hard-working and very – my work ethic was what I showed to Bobby Jon. Someone like Amy I was a fast talker because she’s from Boston, the Northeast like I am. With someone like Brandon I was very slow and not intimidating because I can be very loud and quick and Brandon's a farmboy. Someone like Gary I kind of toned down the sarcasm a bit. So just different things to different people so they would all like me.

And I do think that everyone did like me. Their compliments at Tribal Council I do believe were pretty genuine and I appreciate that. I like them as well. As competitors though I was willing to do what I needed to do to beat them. But they’re all good people. I didn't have a problem with any of them. Amy kind of got on my nerves a lot and was annoying. So I prefer not to have to deal with Amy quite as much. But I think she’s still a very good person. She does noble work. I just didn’t really mesh as well with Amy as maybe with some of the other people.

(Cut)

I’m extremely disappointed that I didn’t even at least make the jury. I honestly believed I was going to win this game. I think one of the biggest things that threw my game off was the tribal swap when I ended up in the minority in my tribe. There were 4 former Nakum members and 3 former Yaxha members. That’s a huge, huge obstacle to overcome. The fact that I got Blake voted off before one of the Yaxha members is really big! And I’m very proud of that because that was really an uphill battle and I really fought to get ourselves at least out of the minority!

So I'm really, really disappointed that I didn't win but I know that I played that game very hard every single minute that I was out there. I didn't want Lydia voted off so I worked to have Morgan voted off. I pointed out how weak Brianna was to get Brianna voted off. I worked very, very hard at all the challenges. I did great work around at camp. And the fact that I got Blake off is a huge strategic maneuver, and trying to get Bobby Jon voted off also was a strategic maneuver that unfortunately didn't pan out. But I played hard. I can't say that I can look back and say, "Dammit! I wish I had worked harder!" Because I played so hard!

And I had an amazing experience! I was never tired, never hungry, didn't complain about the bugs or the rain because you know what? This is such an amazing, amazing opportunity that I've wanted for so long! And the fact that I even got just a little taste of it is so amazing and I am just so fortunate and blessed that nothing was going to get me down in this game! Not the people, not the weather, not the animals. Nothing. So I had such an amazing time that how could I be disappointed in anything? The million dollars would have been a perk. I really wanted the win. I didn't get the win but I had an absolutely amazing time and I played very, very hard while I was out there.

(Cut)

It was so surreal to have my torch put out. When I saw those 4 votes for me I didn’t even expect more than 1 vote. So as I saw the second vote I kind of knew something was up. And my honest to god reaction was kind of tranquil, at peace. "Oh wow! They got me! Good for them!" I wasn't bitter, I wasn't angry, I wasn't confused, I wasn't mad. I mean, I wasn't anything. I was like, "They totally got me. Good for them!"

So when the vote was read and I knew that I was out, I got up and I shook everybody's hand because you know what? You can do whatever you want in this game. You can lie, cheat, steal – that's fine. But once you're done with that game, that all needs to stop. You need to be a good sport again. So when they beat me, I got up and I shook every single one of their hands because they did a great job, they were playing the game hard, and being a good sport about it. If you want to win, you also have to be a good loser about it as well. I gave Danni a great big hug and a kiss, took my torch, Jeff put it out and I watched him put it out and (laughs) I actually think I said, "thank you" just because I'm so used to manners. He put my torch out and I said, "thank you."

(Cut)

I'm telling you! I should have won this game! I played this game for so hard for every second I was in it. I had a mosquito strategy: cover yourself up, stay towards the people who the mosquitoes seem to like more. Maybe they taste better. I don't know. But I had a strategy for everything! And I really feel that I could've won had I not been dealt – had I not gotten the short end of the stick with that tribal mixup.

(Cut)

It's so silly to me because I got that a lot in middle school because people are so quick to associate lack of masculinity with homosexuality. And I'm not the man out there who's puffing up his chest (imitates burly voice) talkin' about huntin' and shootin' buck and drinkin' beers! Like I'm not like that. I come from a very well mannered background. My family was big into taking us to the theatre, reading books, museums. I went to an Ivy League school. Very well mannered, very well dressed. I'm very New England. So all that people associate with homosexuality – well, I'm missing the very vital part about liking men. I just don't like men. So I'm not gay.

And for people to keep pushing that issue, it's just kind of lame on their part. It's like asking me if my hair is really brown – "I don't believe that your hair is really brown." Well, yeah it is! It is brown and for you to keep questioning that is just kind of sad on your part that you can't take what I tell you as true. So Amy in particular kept pushing the issue and I was like, "Look, get over it. It's more of a concern for you than it is for me. I know I'm straight. Everybody I know knows I'm straight. Everybody I'm ever going to date knows I'm straight. Why are you so caught up on it? It's weird. Leave it alone."


Special Delivery
Transcribed by DCReads56




Clip Description: Watch as the Yaxha tribe as they ready for the next competition.


(Gary and Amy go to collect treemail)
Gary: Oh baby.
Amy: Here we go!
(Amy and Gary return to camp)

Amy: Get your game face on! It was attached to a ball. (Reads treemail to tribe)

Gary: Think this is for immunity?
Bobby Jon: Yeah. It says immunity.
Danni (Confessional): Seems like we're going to play some sort of game for immunity. ??? Our numbers are down compared to Nakum, so we have to win.

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat