neděle 13. dubna 2014

early show finale

Early Show Interview with Danni Boatwright and Stephenie LaGrossa
Survivor: Guatemala
Final Two Contestants


(SurvivorFever.net 12.12.05)

Segment 1
Transcript by James Barber


Video:


(Harry's intro comments; clip package)

HARRY: Danni Boatwright and Stephenie LeGrossa, good morning to you both! You guys were live on the West Coast last night, you took the redeye so you're just literally in here this morning. Is it real to you?

DANNI: No. It's so funny because as soon as I landed I turned my phone on and I had 61 messages. I was trying to answer them last night and it was crazy.

HARRY: You sit down last night in Los Angeles, there you are, did you know, when Jeff started reading off the names, did you know you had won?

DANNI: No. I didn't until the third vote. Then I knew I had won. We had a little inkling, but we didn't know because you're blindsided all the time in this game. You're blindsided, and you think, "It could happen again."

HARRY: Let me go back to the choice. You're down to the final 3, you win immunity. You have a choice. It's Rafe or Stephenie. Stephenie or Rafe. How much did you weigh that? How difficult a decision was that? Or was it not?

DANNI: It was a tough decision because I knew going into the game that I would be sometimes ruled by my heart, so that was obviously something I was dealing with while I was standing up there in that final immunity challenge. But then I also had to think about my family, and like I said last night, they would've just killed me if I'd taken Rafe instead of Stephenie. And Stephenie had a huge target on her back, coming in from last year. It's going to be tough to win, if you've already played before.

HARRY: You then had a very good feel for the jury, for rest of the players in the game.

DANNI: Absolutely.

HARRY: There was so much animosity towards you [Stephenie], it was just amazing. So when you made the decision to take Stephenie, did you think, "BOOM, I got the money in the bank," ?

DANNI: Oh no no. I've got a better chance than with Rafe.

HARRY: A better chance.

DANNI: A better chance than with Rafe, but no, because you know, Stephenie was such a tough player, and so many people were in awe of her from last year, that you never know how that vote's gonna go. When Stephenie, in the game, whenever anyone won a reward, they always took Stephenie.

HARRY: You were the party gal of the...

DANNI (laughs): That's how you got to eat so much, right?

STEPHENIE (laughs): I didn't get anything last time, but I got it this time.

HARRY: Alright, let's go back to the challenge, the last immunity challenge. Was it hot that day? It looked hot that day. (they agree it was hot) You were on this balance beam, Stephenie's hanging on, you start to go down, Rafe starts to go down, and of course Rafe, in this kind of lapse of judgment, out of nowhere puts his hand on that pole, he gets knocked out. You looked awfully comfortable, Danni.

DANNI: I was doing a really good acting job. I have really bad scoliosis, and my lower backbone, I had no meat on it. At that point it was just grinding into that pole. I had an advantage over Stephenie, being taller, so I had a little more...cause Rafe, he looked like he was in a great position.

HARRY: Yeah, Rafe looked like he could have stayed there all day.


STEPHENIE: She could have stayed there all day though. I was looking right at you, "She could stay there all day."

HARRY: You tried to shimmy back up that pole, and I thought, "You're toast."

STEPHENIE: It was horrible, cause I was just barely reaching with my toes, kinda, and I was like, "Man, Lydia wouldn't even have been able to get on this thing. Darn"

HARRY: If you had won the immunity challenge, who would you have taken?

STEPHENIE: I would have taken Rafe. We had an alliance since day one. I didn't really have that great a shot against anyone, to be honest.

HARRY: Rafe comes running up to you, Danni, after this immunity challenge, and sort of said, "You don't have to do anything that you said." Was he being honest or was he just playing you? Because I was watching that at home and I thought, "He's just playing you big time."

DANNI: I really thought Rafe was being honest, because that's how Rafe is. I also thought that's the worst move Rafe could ever make, and I know he was hating himself last night, because that was really heavily weighing, "I have to take Rafe, I have to take Rafe," and then he said that, and I'm like, "No, I don't have to take Rafe." (laughs)

HARRY: Stephenie, one quick question. Any woulda, coulda, shoulda? You come into this game, people welcomed you initially, and then you were in the game, people carried you along, they were happy to have you there, but there was so much resentment towards you.

STEPHENIE: Yeah, and there always is when people take on a leadership position, and you're sitting at the end and they're sitting on the jury. I don't have any regrets, I think I played a great game. I feel bad I never got to repay Judd, but I'm working on that. I'll pay him back for all the rewards he took me on.

HARRY: I thought he was gonna come out of his shoes last night.

STEPHENIE: I know. I was under the impression he was trying to get me out, so the name of the game is get them out before they get you out.

DANNI: I was silent. (laughs)

STEPHENIE: She was silent.

(Note: The orange text means that this part isn´t included in the video, but originally it was there.)

Segment 2:
Transcript by Trish McLeod


Rene:  Time for Danni Boatwright to finally get what she came for.  Doing the honors is another Survivor millionaire, fan favorite, Rupert Boneham. 

Rupert:  Hey ladies, congratulations. 

Rene:  Look at this check.

Rupert:  That's a big check.

Rene:  With a lot of zeros.  What does that feel like, Danni?

Danni:  It's awesome.   Last night when they announced me the winner, the first thing that went through my head was, it's Christmas.  I'm gonna have a good Christmas for my nieces and nephews. 

Rene:  Stephenie, you played this game with such incredible heart.  We watched you in Palau and when we saw you come back, we were like, "all right!", and to be so close yet so far, what does that feel like?

Stephenie:  That's nice, I wish I would have had it but that's okay.  I still never got voted out technically so I still feel like I won.  I'm okay with it.   

Rene:  Harry and I were talking about, who's really running the show out there.  Was it you or Rafe?

Stephenie:  It was kind of both of us together.  I would think of some things and he would think of some things.  We both made some big decisions.  He was pulling for Danni. 

Rene:  But he voted for you.

Stephenie: I know because he wanted Danni to take him to the Final Two.

Rene:  He was bitter at that point.

Stephenie: We played a very similar game, Rafe and I.  So the fact that Danni beat both of our games...

Rene:  Danni, last night, Judd asked you some obscure question about ice skating or roller blading and then he said that you just skated.  You looked like you sort of bristled at that. 

Danni: Because I didn't skate.  Sometimes if you sit back and you watch and you wait for the right move to make, I think that's the smartest play you can make.  Because obviously Judd's mouth got him voted off the game earlier.  I sat back and watched and consider myself the stealth bomber.  You didn't know I was there until I did all the damage. 

Rene <to Rupert>:  Did she play the game, a textbook case of playing the game well?

Rupert:  The game is such a social game.  Hanging back is the perfect way to play.  Now being the leader, when I was in Pearl Islands, I tried to be that leader and you've always got that target.  And you [Stephenie] came on right at the start you had that target.  But Danni played it great. 

Rene:  Rupert, when you look at these two women, how do you compare Danni to the other Survivor winners.  I know you're a huge Survivor fan.

Rupert:  Oh, I'm a Survivor junkie.  See, Danni is not that one who has lied and cheated and connived to the final two.  Both of these ladies played a great game but Danni, it's nice to see somebody with heart win.  Both of these ladies, I liked seeing how they played. 

Rene: Would you do anything differently?  would you play a third time?

Stephenie:  Not right now.  I don't think my mind could take it.  Give me a year, I think my family might have a heart attack.  But I wouldn't change anything. 

Rene:  Danni, what are you going to spend your money on?

Danni:  I would love to be a parent.  I love kids so much.  I'm going to look into adopting next summer.  I always thought China but possibly now Guatemala since I've been there. 


Rene:  Good to see you all.

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat