sobota 12. dubna 2014

early show episode 2

Morgan McDevitt's Early Show Interview
Survivor: Guatemala Episode 2 Boot 

Video:


Transcript from SurvivorFever.net 9.22.05
Julie Chen:  Last night on Survivor: Guatemala, Yaxha tribe made its first trip to Tribal Council and in the end, Morgan McDevitt, a former magician's assistant, disappeared from the trip.

<clip from episode 2>
Julie:  Morgan McDevitt, good morning.
Morgan:  Good morning.
Julie:  Last night you said that you were completely blindsided?
Morgan:  I was completely blindsided.
Julie:  What made you feel so secure?
Morgan:  Well, I was doing really, really well in challenges and our tribe was close to each other and we were so honest with each other about everything.  I had promised Brianna that I wouldn't vote for her, I was very honest with her about that.  Lydia knew that I was voting for her.  It just completely had went over my head.  No one had told me, "hey you're being lazy, you need to step up and do this."
Julie:  Well, do you think you were being lazy?  Gary was kind of leading that accusation.
Morgan:  Yeah, Gary, I don't think...
Julie:  You were getting your hair braided, sitting by the lake...

Morgan:  In my defense, we were all  getting our hair braided and we all were drinking water.   I think maybe in comparison to Lydia I was lazy.   I think I just had a completely different work ethic than everyone else.  For me it was all about preparing mentally and physically while we were at camp and getting ready for the challenges.  I didn't feel the need to just run around and try to find something to do at camp and then exhaust myself for the challenges.  For me it was all about avoiding Tribal Council.
Julie:  So who do you think deserved to get booted?
Morgan:  Ummm, well I think that Brianna was really weak at challenges and I think that she might have been the weakest link as far as that goes.  Lydia is a workhorse.  I'm not going to deny her of that.  I mean she never, never stopped working.  But I think that I was still stronger in challenges than her.


Julie:  Watching this season of Survivor, it looks like it's the most grueling.  The men on the other team were vomiting.  How grueling was it for you?
Morgan:  Ummm, well, actually I was doing okay after the hike.  Compared to the men of Nakum, they were just rocked, they were not doing too good at all.  I was never hungry.  I think the hardest part for me was probably the mosquito bites.  They were just so aggravating and annoying.  But I was never physically defeated.
Julie:  What about that tug of war in the mud?  The physical challenges?
Morgan:  The tug of war was so hard because I was doing really well physically but there is nothing that a 110 pound girl can do compared to 200 plus pound Judd.  That competition was just sheer body mass.
Julie:  What about that 11 mile race?
Morgan:  The 11 mile hike, it was more like a 15 mile hike after we got lost.   If the path goes like this and you're going around just a little bit, you're going a lot more than 11 miles.  It was grueling but uhhhh, that's where I got a chance to show myself physically. I do have a lot of endurance.   I did pretty well on the hike.
Julie:  As a magician's assistant in real life, did any of your skills help in Guatemala.
Morgan:  Yeah, I'd say, as a magician's assistant, I had to do a lot of physical stuff. 

Julie:  Ok, well, Morgan McDevitt, you made your hair brown, that's what you did as a magician's assistant.  Thanks a lot.

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat