čtvrtek 15. května 2014

early show 13 episode 15

Video:



Transcript by James Barber - 12.18.06

SEGMENT 1

JULIE: What started out as a strategy of racial divide on Survivor became a contest of brains vs brawn. Yul was the master strategist, Ozzy dominated every physical challenge, and Becky had to fight just to make it into the final three. Yul tried a last-ditch but honorable effort to save her. But it was not to be, and the votes came down to Yul and Ozzy.

(clips of Yul winning)

JULIE
: Yul Kwon, good morning and congratulations. 


YUL
: (shakes her hand): Thank you, Julie. 


JULIE: Has it sunk in yet?

YUL: No, not quite. I still feel like I'm living a dream. It hasn't sunk in yet and I hope it never does.

JULIE: It's only been a few hours since you've known this. Has it sunk in at all since you found out you're the winner?

YUL: I think Ozzy and I have slept about an hour each. We had a lot of press interviews afterwards. I wanted to spend some time with my family before they left. Then we woke up early, and here we are. 

JULIE: Last night as we were all watching the final Tribal Council, it was 4 votes for you, 4 votes for Ozzy. As Jeff Probst is about to read that final ninth deciding vote, what were you feeling? Were you feeling like you won?

YUL
: I knew it was going to be a close vote. Ozzy is a phenomenal competitor. He's probably the strongest individual challenge competitor to ever appear on the show. I felt both of us deserved to win. I can't say I deserved to win any more than he did. If he'd won I would have been so happy for him. It didn't work out that way, but when he called out 4-4 and had the last vote to go, I had no idea what the vote was going to be.


JULIE: We know Jonathan voted for you to win. Did you ever find out who the other - cause you got 5 total votes to win - did you ever find out who the other 4 were?

YUL: I'm not positive. Ozzy and I talked about it, and I think we have an idea of who voted for whom, but we're not entirely sure. But I think I know.

JULIE: In the afterparty, when everyone gets to celebrate, did you go around asking or was that just not to be discussed? 

YUL: No. At that point it didn't really matter. I'm sure we'll figure it out at that point, but after I won, everyone was so gracious and congratulating me. There's no point at that point to figure out who voted for who. I was just so happy; it was a pleasure to be with everyone there. Ozzy's a great competitor, so all in all I was very happy with the ending.

JULIE: After 13 seasons on the air, last night's Tribal Council seemed to be one of the...there didn't seem to be any bitterness? What do you attribute that to?

YUL
: I think we had a very likable cast this season. I think the people on the show, the crew, the casting department did a good job getting people who were genuinely good-hearted people who were there to have a good experience. I don't think there was a single person who harbored any kind of racist attitudes on the show, and I think for the most part - obviously tensions run very high during the show itself, but I think everyone was able to put it behind them, and coming together at the live reunion I think people were just very happy to have had the experience. 


JULIE: You were friendly throughout with Becky and Ozzy. If you had had to choose between Becky and Ozzy, who would you have voted for? 

YUL: Honestly, that would have been a tough call. Ozzy again has been a phenomenal competitor. I think Becky has not - she's been really tough, she was an equal partner with me in strategizing throughout the game. I don't think I would have gotten as far in the game without her, so I don't think she has gotten as much credit as she honestly deserves. If I had to vote between them it would have been a tough choice. I think Ozzy clearly would have won the other...

JULIE
: (laughs) Give me a name!


YUL: If I had to choose it probably would have been Becky. 

JULIE: Because you guy were tight from the beginning, right?

YUL: We were tight from the beginning, and we did the show for very similar reasons. 

JULIE: You said you wanted to do the show to improve and expand the image of Asian Americans. Do you feel you did that?

YUL: I hope I did. Honestly, I don't necessarily think I was the best person to represent my community, but I had this golden opportunity in my lap and I really wanted to break stereotypes. When I was growing up as a kid I didn't see many people who looked like myself that I could look up to as a role model or want to emulate.

JULIE: You and me both, Yul. I know it started out about race, and didn't turn out that way at the end, but as a member of the Asian-American tribe, I want to say congratulations.

YUL (shakes her hand): Thanks, Julie.

JULIE
: Stick around, cause we're going to give you your million dollars check, we're going to bring Ozzy back, we're going to ask both of you what you're going to do with your money, cause he also gets some money. So we'll see you in a little bit. 


YUL
: Thanks, Julie. 


SEGMENT 2

JULIE: By the end of Survivor: Cook Islands, the jury was faced with a choice between strategy and strength. Yul's careful plans were almost ruined by the athletic Ozzy, who came on strong at the end, winning competition after competition and bringing home more than his fair share of the food. Still, only one person can win Survivor, and that was Yul. Yul Kwon is back for his million dollar check, and runner up Ozzy Lutsh is here too. Good morning, and congratulations to you both. 

(they say thanks)

JULIE
: Ozzy, let me begin with you, because we should mention as runner-up, you get $100,000. 

OZZY: Yeah, you know.

JULIE: Not a bad deal. 

OZZY: Yeah, it's no small change. Can't complain with that.

JULIE
: Any idea how you're going to spend it or do with it? Are you going to spend it? Save it? 


OZZY: Yeah, I was thinking of buying one of those new flying cars, or maybe two or three new Ferraris or something. (Yul laughs)

JULIE: Wait a minute, you got a car last night. The popular vote gave you a Mercury Mariner. Not bad. 

OZZY: Yeah, not too shabby. 

JULIE
: Now last night, as the vote was 4-4 and that 9th vote was about to be revealed, what were you feeling, Ozzy?


OZZY: Not a whole lot. I was feeling so much it was all just conflicting emotions. Too hard to describe. I had a feeling Yul won.

JULIE: Why?

OZZY: I don't know, just a feeling I had since we finished back in early August, and just a feeling I had since that he was able to get to that one extra person he needed. And he deserved it - great guy. 

JULIE: This was the first time it was down to the final three in the final Tribal Council. If you Ozzy had to choose between Becky and Yul winning, who would you have voted for?

OZZY: I would have picked Yul, of course. (Yul puts his arm around Ozzy)
Zvolil bych si Yula, samozřejmě.

JULIE
: This is the first time I haven't seen any bitterness in many seasons perhaps, which is nice. Kind of refreshing, don't you think?


OZZY
: Oh, yeah. It was something that I think when the whole mutiny happened and we really were solidified as four people that were trying to complete a common goal, and that was to get the four of us into the top four. Just being able to do that and be able to overcome all these obstacles really made me really love these guys. I want to see if not myself, one of the other three win.


JULIE: Well, Yul did win, and we have to present him with this very big million dollar check. Yul, what are you going to do with the million dollars?

(hands big check to Yul)

YUL
: You know, the amazing thing is whoever wrote this spelled my name right, which is something you don't see very often nowadays. 

JULIE: How do they normally spell it?

YUL: Oh, I've seen it spelled all different sorts of ways when I get my name on the voting list when people try to boot me out. Got some crazy spellings. 

JULIE: Well if it's a million dollar check it'd better be spelled right. Any idea what you're going to do with this money?

(Ozzy jokingly makes sad faces and rubs the check as Yul speaks)

YUL
: I want to be thoughtful about it. I feel incredibly fortunate to be in the position I'm in right now. My parents made a lot of sacrifices for me and my brother and I'd like to take care of them. I'd like to think about how I can use the money in a way that will benefit other people as well. I'm not going to buy any Ferraris. 

OZZY
: *cough* Presidential campaign *cough*


JULIE: In the final seconds - success if familiar territory to you, Yul. You graduated valedictorian of your high school, you went to Yale Law School, you went to Stamford undergrad, you worked for McKinsey, you worked for Senator Joe Lieberman. Where does winning Survivor rank?

YUL: Honestly, it's the top of the list. I can't imagine or think of any experience that compares to what I've done on the show. Thank you so much, Julie.

JULIE: Ozzy, great watching you. Congratulations to you both.

OZZY: Thank you very much.

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat