čtvrtek 17. dubna 2014

season 12 episode 9 insider videos

GITANOS VOTE OUT AUSTIN 
Clip Description:  Austin sealed his own fate when he admitted to throwing a previous Immunity Challenge, and his tribemates are threatened by his deviousness. Find out what each Survivor says while casting a vote.

AUSTIN (Aras): You can win this whole thing if you play your cards right. Best of luck to you, buddy.

CIRIE (Austin): You're a really big threat right now. Sorry. Part of the game.

BRUCE : Austin, I've been truly blessed to meet someone like you and it was great to do battle with you.

DANIELLE : Austin, I'll never forget you buddy.

ARAS : Austin, brother, your time's up.

COURTNEY : You're a beautiful man. I'm sorry, but you're just too much of a threat at this point. Can't wait to see you in LA.

SHANE : The creepy Christian goes home.

SALLY : My vote is for Aras. You're just a huge threat, and hopefully we'll be able to knock you out one of these times.

TERRY : Another shot in the dark. I think I'm going to be saying this a lot at the next couple of Tribal Councils, but you are my biggest threat.

AUSTIN'S FINAL WORDS 
 Clip Description:  Moments after getting snuffed by Jeff, Austin is proud of his stint on Survivor. He really hated his stay on Exile Island, but he learned from the experience.

AUSTIN : Well, I came into this saying I wanted to wave the banner of the Lord Jesus Christ, and I did that the best I know how. I can leave here honestly saying happily that whether being in respect to my person, my faith, or the Survivor game in general, referencing Ephesians 6 - having overcome everything I possibly could, including that maelstrom I lived through last night, I'm still standing.

(cut)

This was bar none the hardest experience I've ever gone through in my life, and as cliché as it sounds, I'm so glad I did it because I'm going to be able to draw upon all these experiences and all these struggles I went through certainly many times down the road.

(cut)

For somebody who tries to make a living out of properly putting things into words, I can't verbalize how miserable and how awful the situation I went through on Exile Island was. There's no words that can describe it, so all I can say is it's something that taught me just how strong of a character I have and just how deep I can go to dig into whenever I run into situations in the future that are negative in content.

(cut)

I learned so much about myself in these 21 days. Moreso in these 21 days than probably in 24 years in life back home. First I didn't realize I had as strong of character as I really did. I've never been put into situations like that. But the thing I learned the most, and the thing I wanted to learn the most coming out here, was about my faith, and about the importance of it, where my person and my faith, where those two things intersect. I've never needed anything in my life - I've wanted, but I've never needed - and there were several different times during the course of this experience that I needed food, that I needed water, that I needed inner strength to just pick me up because I was in pieces. Every time I went to God and prayed, He didn't always answer right away, but I got the sense that He was there, He was providing for me, and it taught me how great it is to believe in something much more powerful than yourself.

(cut)

It is definitely safe to say that this whole experience strengthened my faith, in a much, much more extreme way than anything I've done previously for that. No Bible studies, no church attending, no long sessions of prayer can ever match up to the feeling of relying on God when you believe you really have absolutely nothing left.

(cut)

I really do think my idea with the fake hidden immunity idol was pretty genius, but I realized I was really selling my integrity down the tubes. I made up an entire story about what Jeff Probst had said the immunity idol looked like, and I realized I wasn't bending the truth a little bit, I wasn't just taking a little liberty, I was completely lying, and I was going to start taking advantage of people and. There's two ways of playing this game - I don't frown on anybody who plays it the other way, but I told myself going in, no matter what the cost, I'm not selling my integrity for a million dollars, and when I realized I was close to doing that I had to pull the reins.

(cut)

It was very difficult in this game to negotiate the line between integrity and playing Survivor. In real life, there's no way I would even think about trying to manipulate people, and exposing friendships that I had to be able to better my game. But in the game of Survivor, you've got a devil on your shoulder saying, 'Hey, it's a million bucks, it's just a game.' So I had a very hard time, a lot of struggles negotiating that fine line. And in the end, I'm very glad I sided with my integrity as opposed to trying to win that a million dollars, because at the end of the night I'm going to sleep a lot better because of that.

(cut)

To my whole La Mina tribe, you guys were an absolute joy to be around, I learned so much from you guys. To Terry and Sally, I'm wishing you the absolute best. I pray it will be the two of you at the end and I have to go through the rigorous decision of electing which one of you guys I'm gonna allot the million dollars to.

(cut)

Danielle, you are an incredibly strong woman. You really impressed me with the way you handled yourself with the absolute treacherous situation we went through. I wish you all the best in life and I know you'll always be able to draw upon that experience that we shared together.

(cut)

Terry, I don't even know what to say, man. You're like either a real big brother, or the other father that - I have the utmost respect for you and I can't wait to Connecticut territory, eat some of those ribs you've been bragging about. Looking forward to it, stud.

(cut)

A lot of times in life, people question, 'What would you do for a million dollars? What's the cutoff line?' I was very blessed that I was given that REAL question, and I got to stare it in the face, and I learned something about myself - that I'm a lot stronger than I probably would have given myself credit for, because I purchased my integrity instead of the right to go after that a million dollars. A lot of people might look at me like I'm a fool, but the people who love me and the people who taught me that type of integrity are gonna be very proud of me for what I've done. I'm proud of myself.

AUSTIN, THE DAY AFTER 
Clip Description: The morning after being voted out of the tribe, a rested and refreshed Austin is proud of his performance in Panama. Austin may have integrity intact, but he readily admits that he still can't dance, and so was tripped up in the end.

"Looking back, I can honestly say I don't think I would have done anything differently. I'm proud of the way I played the game. I'm proud of the way I went out. My whole goal coming into this game was to say that ultimately when I did get voted off, I did everything in my power to ensure that I could go no further, and I really don't think there's anything I could have done in terms of keeping my integrity, in trying to make it one step further in the game. I think I maxed out.

(cut)

The balancing act of trying to juggle integrity against a game that is structured around trying to deceive people makes for quite an interesting dance, and I have no rhythm in real life, so it only makes sense that in this game I would have no rhythm either. It was constantly riding a fence and dancing around in a grey area, trying to convince myself that, 'Hey, what you're doing is a moral decision,' and whenever I would get into a situation where I had gone a little astray, thinking that I was maybe doing something that was a little opposite my typical moral standards, I had to decide to either pull the reins, or go all the way. Each one of those few times I felt I was starting to barter my integrity, I was able to pull the reins in, so I'm proud of that.

(cut)

Once I found out that Terry had the real hidden Immunity Idol, it may have made my plan for the fake hidden Immunity Idol to be null in void, but had he come to me, told me he had that, and I was planning on still using my fake hidden Immunity Idol, we could have suppressed the knowledge that Terry really had his, could have used the operation I was going to employ to semi-inconspicuously have my hidden Immunity Idol turn up a little bit - not enough for them to physically see it, but enough to get a rumor started around the former Casaya members. I would have had a lot more bargaining chips to go the table with to convince somebody else to come over to our side in an alliance.

(cut)

The thing that I've learned about this game is I don't necessarily know that the favorites are the ones that I would pick to win. I would say that Terry would be the favorite because I honestly don't know if anybody left can beat him in any of the challenges. Obviously it's going to be hard for him to run the table, but I think that if he makes the finals, the former Casaya members aren't going to vote for him, which chaps my ass to no end, because they've said some stuff about him in the Tribal Council that I got to sit into, that they might as well have been describing a completely different human being. I don't know what they're looking at, I don't know if there's some jealousy on their part, but Terry Deitz is a quality man, he is NOT a chauvinist, unless there's something that reared it's ugly head in the 3 days that I've been gone. I don't foresee them voting for him, and if he's in the finals and doesn't win, I think it's just an absolute tragedy. I really do.

(cut)

Survivor is the best experience that I've ever been privileged enough to have. Most people coming out of a situation like this of the Survivor game in general make a comment like that, and a lot of people view it as cliché and generic. Would I ever want to opt to do that to myself, to put myself in that rigorous situation for no reason? No. I'm blessed that I don't have to have that. But to be forced into that situation, to be forced to learn those lessons, to take it back to the life that you're blessed to be able live, you can apply that to so many different things to make your life a better place, and ultimately, hopefully, chip away just a little bit at making the world a better place.

(cut)

The hardest thing for the home viewer - and the thing that I'm gonna wrestle with because I'm gonna want those people close to me to understand that I know there's already no way they will be able to grasp - is the feeling involved on this show, the experience like Danielle and I had on Exile Island. Or the feeling of going to a challenge without having eaten for three days and really not having had any water. You can explain it, and they can try to wrap their mind around it, but until you've actually experienced it, there's no way you can really understand. You can understand, 'Yeah, you were probably pretty cold.' You can understand, 'Yeah, that sucked you weren't able to get any sleep.' You can understand, 'Yeah, well it's kind of hard to perform without having any food on your stomach.' But unless you've been through it, you can't really understand it. There's only sixteen people who can really understand what it was like out here, and maybe a hundred and change who can understand what it's like to play this game. The other people are just guessing. They might get close, but they'll never really know what it was like, and I'm blessed that I know what that living hell was like."

Scene: IDOL SCHEMES 
Clip Description: Stranded together on Exile Island, Austin and Danielle split up to search for the hidden Immunity Idol. Austin is sure he can trick Danielle into thinking he found the Idol, but she's already on to him.

(on Exile Island)

AUSTIN (solo): When we got here, I told her (Danielle) a little half-truth, that I had a semi-photographic memory, which is true, but then I proceeded to tell her that I remembered these flowery terms that Probst had used to describe what the hidden Immunity Idol looks like. I said that it was a Panamanian voodoo amulet...

(AUSTIN and DANIELLE talking, looking at the clues)

AUSTIN : Just remember, amber, scepter, Panamanian voodoo amulet, which probably just means that same exact thing you got (?).

DANIELLE : OK.

AUSTIN : So you want to be down here or up there? You tell me, I don't really care.

DANIELLE : I'll be up there for right now.

AUSTIN : OK. Let's look at Jeff's monologue again, one more time. This is right after he explained that whole other thing that he explained what it was like.

AUSTIN (solo): That adorned an amber scepter - God only knows what that means, but I just knew that I had an amulet from the first day with me. I knew that nobody really knows what the amulet looks like, or excuse me, what the Idol looks like, but nobody's going to remember that he didn't say it was an amulet.

AUSTIN (to Danielle): OK, good luck. See you in a little bit.

DANIELLE (solo): I'm looking for some sort of a glass with an emerald in it. I'm thinking the emerald I'm looking for is similar to the one from the first challenge that we had to pull out of the skeletons that we had to smash.

AUSTIN (solo): Now I also made the comment that I hate carrying my bag around, which is the absolute truth, I detest carrying that thing around, but all the sudden I make the switch after I've found the amulet, suddenly I'm going to be very protective of that bag.

DANIELLE (solo): I don't think Austin has the Immunity Idol. We looked for it for like 20 minutes. I'd be really shocked if he has it. I think he's trying to play like he has it, cause he went and got his bag and he's really protective of his bag now all the sudden. So I think he's trying to play like he's got it. He's trying to convince me that he has it, so that when I go back to camp I tell the rest of my former Casaya members that, 'Oh, I think Austin has it,' so we won't vote him off next. I think it's a whole scheme.

Scene: FRIENDSHIP BETRAYED 
Clip Description: After Austin reveals that he threw the first Immunity Challenge, Aras lets him know how disappointed his tribemates are. Ultimately Austin's tactic will cost him the game.

(Aras and Austin walk along the beach)

ARAS : I mean, I understand that the three of you now are in a tough position, but I really lost a lot of my faith in you, Austin.

AUSTIN : Why?

ARAS : Cause I feel like there's a lot of dishonesty going on, and it's your game, and I'm not judging you for it, but I trusted you, and I shouldn't have, that's my fault. It was a crafty move on your part, I have a lot of respect for the cunningness of it, but I just want to tell you as a friend that I just think to myself how many of the words that you said out there were true?

AUSTIN (solo): This morning I had a conversation with Aras that just floored me, because Aras and I, on day 1 at Young Guy Beach, had established a good bond, and if there's anybody left in this game outside of La Mina that I really want to respect me for my integrity and who I am as a person, it's Aras. So I felt like I had really betrayed a friendship.

AUSTIN (to Aras): I didn't realize that I wounded you as deeply as I had. Is the rest of the tribe aggravated with me as well?

ARAS : People aren't aggravated with you, they're just like, "OK, well this is a game now. There's no more of this trusting people thing."

AUSTIN (solo) Now all bets are off. I gotta start looking out for #1, and come up with a strategy quickly, or else I'm heading home.

Scene: IDOLATRY IN EXILE 
Clip Description: Banished to Exile Island, Austin considers trying to trick fellow exile Danielle into believing that he has found the hidden Immunity Idol, but then thinks better of it.

(on Exile Island)

AUSTIN (solo): Coming over here, my original intention with the Idol was to make a forgery to look like I had found the Idol. I happened to have the amulet that I won the very first reward challenge in my bag, and all I did was take this scepter-ish looking bamboo rock and wrap the amulet I had around it to make it look like a hidden immunity idol.

(shots of Austin wrapping the amulet around the rock, sticks rock in bag)

AUSTIN (solo): I wanted Danielle to see, so that way she would believe I had the hidden immunity idol.

(Danielle and Austin sit together)

AUSTIN (solo): I think that my scheme is brilliant, but it's eating me up inside, and I believe I've reached the point where I found out what I'm not willing to do for a million dollars, so I'm not going through with it.

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat