středa 23. dubna 2014

Meet the Survivors

Meet the Survivors Video

video unavailable

Transcripts by BlindFreddy - 8.30.06

Adam Gentry - VoiceOver Text for MTS Segment


You know it's not in my personality to stay under the radar. <laughs> I'm pretty outspoken...pretty much speak my mind. So I just gotta try to hold that back somewhat, even though I know it won't happen. But my main goal is to actually keep the communication open with all the contestants...all the other competitors. And just try to read what they are thinking, what their strategy is. Just constantly talk to them...buddy-buddy with everybody.

My motto...I don't know if it's really a motto, but kinda be buddy-buddy with everybody and get to know everybody and try to figure out everyone's personality and what they're thinking. And just try to always be on top of that and try to always try to strategize a few steps in advance. Not just look at the next step but look at the bigger picture and a few steps in advance.


Anh-Tuan Bui - VoiceOver Text For MTS Segment

You know I'm just a skinny little guy. I just a skinny little guy. And we'll see. I...yeah, there'll be people who...personality...they won't like me. The insecure people would not like me. But knows what to say. I'll take you along and I won't...I won't stab ya.

My word is my honor.

The biggest lessons I've learned in my personal life... is perseverance, and tolerance. And I think that is one of the key to world peace. To getting along with each other. By persevering and tolerating each other. There'll be hard times, but perseverance will carry you through.


Becky Lee - VoiceOver Text For MTS Segment

I'm a first child. The first born, so I'm pretty...I'm a perfectionist, typical personality 'A'. And I love that I've got a temper. That's actually why I started getting into boxing and kickboxing and martial arts...to relieve the tension instead of annoying other people. So it's carried with me for awhile but I've learned to release the stress other ways by working out and that kinda thing.

 I've a lot of pride in Pittsburgh. You know I've a lot of pride in my hometown. And I have great friends and family still there now. When I was growing up we used to...'Choose Becky, oh she's the Asian girl?'. So I think that sorta helps you gain a hard skin...even from the very beginning.

Billy Garcia - VoiceOver  Text For MTS Segment

I'm a dream chaser. So I can't help but chase dreams. It's something I've always done. I did it with the wrestling and sure enough I got a Silver Medal at the National Championships in '97. And that's without even training for it all that much. So if I can do that...then that just inspired me to do more...now...I'm definitely headfirst into the heavy metal stuff and now here's my other dreams, Survivor. Damn I've been a fan of the show since the first season. What took me so long?...I dunno. <laughs>
I'm like...gonna be so under estimated. They see the guy with the spare tire, they think of me as the heavy metal dude and not all that bright. I'm so under estimated.

And that I fit in with the average Joes and average Joes tend to like to gang up on all the gym rats. So that's perfect. 'Cause they'll never see it coming that I have championship experience, which you can't get from anywhere except of course the championships. You can't get that from a text book, or from a website or whatever.

So those average Joes are not gonna see me coming.


Brad Virata - VoiceOver Text For MTS Segment

Dealing with designers on a day-to-day basis with their different passive-aggressive emotions and personalities, it's gonna be very similar to a lot of the contestants on the island. I get along with people, I get along with everyone. Honestly I really don't have a bone to pick with anyone. I'm not a hateful person, I'm not a vengeful person.
I think I'm just kind of...like I said, roll with the punches and just a happy guy.

I think I'm just gonna be myself. And I'm a pretty happy-go-lucky kid. I'm not a negative person. Yeah and I cross my fingers and my toes that I'm gonna make my mom proud. <laughs>


Candice Woodcock - VoiceOver Text For MTS Segment

My strategy is to be, I think, just better than the second place person. I don't want everybody to know my true intentions. I want them to think that maybe I'm kind of bumbling my way through. But I've always got a plan in my head. I always know what's going on and I'll be controlling them and they might not know it. 

I would describe myself as very driven...athletic, outgoing. And I love to have fun, I love to laugh.


Cecilia Mansilla - VoiceOver Text For MTS Segment

I think I definitely have the goods to play this game. I'm strong, and the mental challenges...the mental part of it...the being away from home, the being in an uncomfortable place, the not having everything to eat and all that...that doesn't phase me one bit.

I would describe myself a very intelligent ambitious strong-willed person. Almost stubborn, in some cases that...of interest. Always seeking something new adventure, something different, something to learn.


Cristina Coria - VoiceOver Text For MTS Segment

I think because I grew up in law enforcement,  my father being a cop and my uncle being a cop, in the same Police Department I work for, I have a lot more respect. I get a lot more respect from everybody...they're like brothers to me. My father's...a lot of father figures...my father. But I get a lot more respect and they don't look at me as....ok she's, like you said, she's a cute Police Officer. They look at me and see Cristina. No different.
To me the best way of handling everything is being the woman, being friendly, being caring, and understanding and helping in many different ways. And at the same time, using some of the tools as a Police Officer...interviewing and interrogation, learning how people lie....their eye contact is important. You get to learn a lot as a Police Officer....people who lie to you, people who are giving you just a bunch of baloney. And I think that'll help me. But other than that I think that being me will probably help me most.


Jenny Guzon-Bae - VoiceOver Text For MTS Segment

I think being a Realtor is gonna be a great advantage for me because I can assess people and their personalities right off the bat. I can pretty much see what their needs are and like I said, their personalities. 

There's a lot at stake for me. I'm out here for nearly 40 days away from my husband of almost 13 years. We're gonna...I'm gonna miss our anniversary while I'm out here. And I left the love of my life <chokes/tears up> my 11 year old son.

I think that playing this game and this whole experience is gonna change me tremendously. Having a family has...I sacrifice a lot and a lot of things that I do are for my family...for my husband, for my son. So this is a great opportunity to finally do something for myself and really find meaning beyond my family. You know of course they are me...a part of me but this will get a better understanding of who I am. This will give me the opportunity to get me a better understanding of who I am.


Jessica Smith - VoiceOver Text For MTS Segment

Well it started off as being a 'flame effects' artist.  I spin fire hula hoops, spin Poi. And along with other tools and then it just kinda stuck...'My Friend Flica'. Through that I started Roller Derby and then my Roller Derby name is 'Flica Flame'.  And so stuff after that. But it's always been a nick name for a few years now.
I would consider myself to be a vivacious, charismatic, kinda like outgoing, creative person that's always looking for a new experience. I like to sew and make stuff a lot.
I'm gonna do my best to be myself. And then I've got like a few little mischievous things that I'm gonna keep a secret. <laughs> I'm gonna be a magician and pull my tricks out of my bag, carefully.


Jonathan Penner - VoiceOver Text For MTS Segment

 I came to sports and athleticism much later in life. I was never a jock as a kid. 
And so people don't quite know what to make of me. 
I'm very loud. I can be obnoxious, I'm told, I don't think I am, but I don't know, you tell me.

J.P. Calderon - VoiceOver Text For MTS Segment

The most rewarding, I think, aspect of my life, and I know it's kind of corny and a cliché, but it's giving back to kids. I maybe felt I didn't have that great of a childhood when I grew up...and I'm really good at teaching and coaching volleyball. And that's just my way of getting kids' attention....and making them feel good. If I can see a kid produce, or if a kid can actually use something I taught them, it's really rewarding to me. And when they're appreciative, I know it's corny, all it takes is a simple 'thank you'  and it makes you feel you're on the right track.
I think my coaching experience is gonna help me in Survivor because for one, the leadership role as far as coaching and managing a team. Two, from playing sports all my life. And coaching sports...learning how to interact with different personalities. And try to make everything work together, is something I've had to do all my life. And believe me, I've had to deal with many many different personalities from either playing or interacting with people. The worst is having to deal with parents. And I think if you can manage them, you can manage anything.


Oscar Lusch - VoiceOver Text For MTS Segment

You just have so many different skills that will let me really outshine everybody if I need to. Growing up in nature, I spent my whole life running around in the woods building traps, doing the kind of things the Survivors do. I spear fish, been spear fishing for years and years. I can hold my breath for a few minutes. I can dive for up to 30 feet. I just have a lot of different skills.


Rebecca Borman - VoiceOver Text For MTS Segment

I do makeup for another Survivor, who is Elizabeth Hasselbeck and Joy Bayhar who is not a Survivor per the show, but she's a survivor in real life...that's for sure. We always say that during those makeup sessions in the morning...the real hot topics take place then. What you're seeing on air is the second version...the cut-up version...the revised version. 

My strategy is to play it as cool as I possibly can...to figure out who I can trust early on. And who that person is to align with because basically it's...at the end of the day it doesn't boil down to who's the most physical and who catches the most fish, it is who you can trust. Who's not gonna vote you off, that's gonna keep their word come the end of the day.

Stephannie Favor - VoiceOver Text For MTS Segment

Anything worth having, is worth fighting for, and sometimes you have to go through a little bull to receive the promise on the end. And I've gone through enough experiences in my life, personal, family, friends, just to prepare me. And I've taken all of those situations, all of those events and culminating them into one big pie. And I'm gonna eat that pie. And on this show, I'm gonna be successful.

I'm the type of person that is very laid back. Very aggressive in terms of...when I want something, I go for it. I'm very determined, very strong willed. Very strong willed with that regard. I'm the kind of person that loves to laugh and smile and have a good time. But when it's time to get down to business, my head is down. I'm working. I don't like to goof around a lot. I'm very serious natured at times. But again, I believe there's a time and place for everything. And my mother didn't raise a fool. I know when it's time to be serious and when it's time to have a good time. And I tend to flow in those arenas, very naturally.

Sundra Oakley -  VoiceOver Text For MTS Segment

I'm bringing just myself, I'm bringing the complete mix of who I am. Which is, if I had to put it in like music terms; a little bit Hip Hop, a little bit rock, a little bit Heavy Metal, a little bit Classical, a little bit of New Age. And I'd bring my different personalities and being able to mix with other people. I think I'm pretty good at assessing situations and I think a thing like this you have to take it day by day. You can't just go in with your master plan: 'I'm gonna be this I'm gonna take on this role' because that's not gonna conform to what you have. So you have to conform to what the situation is. And I think that's what I can do.

Right off the bat I'm gonna have to concentrate on just keeping...holding my tongue, keeping certain opinions to myself as hard as it may be. Because of the type of person that I am. Just holding it and not...letting it brush off your shoulders.

Yul Kwon -  VoiceOver Text For MTS Segment

I might be too nice. <laughs> I generally like working with people and being collaborative. And I have a very strong sense that people...that good people should do well. I hate to see the good guy finish last. And I think for me that might complicate my game. Because I have to be strategic, I have to do what's gonna get me the farthest ahead  rather than what I feel is going to help other people who are deserving.

I've lived in corporate America for awhile. I basically...I used to be a lawyer for about 5 years. I used to do a lot of writing. And then I became a consultant, which means I write in Power Point <laughs> I feel like sometimes like I'm a Power Point slide monkey.

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat