neděle 13. dubna 2014

early show episode 9

Bobby Jon Drinkard's Early Show Interview
Episode 9 Boot
(SurvivorFever.net 11.10.05)
Video:

Harry Smith:  Bobby Jon is with us this morning.  I thought maybe you'd be around a little longer.

BJ:  I was hoping so but I guess it happens to the best of 'em.

HS:  Now, when you're at Tribal Council, take us back.  You're sitting there.  Gary Hogeboom comes up with that idol.  Did you have any idea he was holding it?

BJ:  No clue.  Right when he pulled it out, it was just a total shocker and I knew right then that I was gone.  I was making sure I had my shoes and my socks and everything.  I knew I was done.

HS:  That very second?

BJ:  Oh, I knew I was done. There was no question about it.

HS:  Did everybody hunt for that thing?  We don't really get see that much in the show?

BJ:  That was a daily chore. A daily game for everyone was to go and look for the idol.  It gave everyone something to do.  Of course you want to find it and if you don't, you could go home.  That's what happened to me. 

HS:  Judd gets the clue and he says, "Oh it's on the ground." Did everybody think it was on the ground?

BJ:  Oh, if Judd would have told me it was out in the lake I would have been swimming out in the lake trying to find it.  I would have done whatever Judd said do.  If he said that it's on the ground then it's on the ground.

HS:  Hogeboom was so smart, though.  He follows him out in the woods and sees that it's just the opposite.  He's a player.

BJ:  Gary's a hard worker, oh yes.  He has a lot of experience about working hard and so he found it and it paid off. 

HS:  This looks like it was a harder game than Palau.  Why does it seem so much harder?  Is it just the environment?

HS:  I'd have to say that it's just the conditions, the heat and humidity.  I'm sure a lot of the contestants have told you thus far. It really was brutal.  It's really hard to deal with.

HS:  There's a scene last night where it shows you going to Judd and to Jamie, to talk to those guys and they said that you were okay.  Did you believe them?

BJ:  I'll have to be honest with you and say that I did.  I'm pretty gullible when it comes down to it.  They told me I wasn't going home so I believed them. 

HS:  The lying in this game right now is getting to a fever, fever pitch.

BJ:  Well like I said, you're not out there playing for five bucks.  It's a million dollars.  People do what they gotta do.  That's the name of the game.  There's no rules.  There's none.

HS:  You also tried to warn somebody about Stephenie.  She's playing well this time around, too.

BJ:  Oh, Stephenie's a mover and shaker.  You better believe it. 

HS:  You wouldn't trust her as far as you could throw her.

BJ:  Well, I said that but the thing is, we're all out there competing.  When you're competing you use your best strengths that you have and she has a lot of them and she can do it. 

HS:  And what is this deal with you and Jamie?  You guys almost act like brothers.

BJ:  I think Jamie and I are a lot alike.  We're friends now.  I could pick up the phone and call him right now and vice versa.  He's a good guy and just being from the places that  we're from, we're just, we're a lot alike.  When that happens you tend to butt heads. 

HS:  I thought you were going to tear each other's flesh off. 

BJ:  No, I didn't think it would ever get that far. 

HS: Let's look at this.  We want to show a scene where Gary pulled a fast one at Tribal Council. We're going to go behind the scenes and see how he found that all important idol.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Secret Scene:

Gary:  I've been looking in the Ceiba trees because the ancient Maya, they worshipped these trees.  Lo and behold, I see the idol. 

 <Gary climbs tree and retrieves the idol>

Gary:  I do have to expose Judd for lying to the group about it being on the ground.  This is highly secret.  I'm going to keep it until I need it, which could be tonight.  I'm going to keep it in my pants pocket until I get back to camp and I'm going to try to find a hiding place for it.  I'm excited. This is good stuff. 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
BJ:  Oh, wow, that's awesome right there.

HS:  Cause you had no idea.  No one had the opportunity to see him finding the idol. 

BJ:  I had no idea that he had it at all. 

HS:  You got to play the game twice.  Good experience for you?

BJ:  Totally.  Definitely very benefiting, inside and out.

HS:  So what are you doing now?  Are you going to go back home to Alabama? Are you staying out in LA?

BJ:  I'm in LA.  I'm trying to pursue acting and modeling and different things right now.  Hopefully it works out but like I say, I still love Troy, Alabama and might move on back there.  Who knows. 

HS:  There you go.  Well, if they ask you back a third time...

BJ:  <laughs>  It might be time for me to hang up my buff this time.

HS:  Good job.  Bobby Jon, good to see you.
BJ:  Thank you, I appreciate it very much.

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat