pondělí 14. dubna 2014

season 12 episode 4 insider videos

transcripts by James Barber

LA MINA VOTES OUT RUTH MARIE 

Austin (votes Ruth M.):  Ruth Marie , You’re an incredibly strong woman. Any Carolinian would be proud to call you one of us.

Nick (votes Ruthie): Ruthie, I’m gonna miss you already. It’s a terrible decision. But hopefully we’ll see each other again. I loved you out here. You did so much for me. Hope I can repay you at some point.

Sally (votes Ruthie): We talked about this earlier. I love you so much and respect you so much. It’s probably going to be you or me tonight, girl, so I’m gonna miss you.

Terry (votes Ruth): Ruth Marie, Sorry it had to come down to it. It’s really unfortunate. But as the unknown challenges show up, I think Sally’s better matched up with Courtney and Danielle. You’re a great woman. Thanks for your teamwork. Take care of yourself.

Ruth Marie (votes Sally):  Sally, I adore you. I’m voting my alliance, although I don’t guess I have an alliance anymore.

Dan (votes Sally):  Ruth Marie, we had a deal to go to the final five. I stick to my word, I stick to my deal. So I vote for Sally tonight, even though I think, Ruth Marie, that you’re going home.

RUTH MARIE'S FINAL WORDS

Clip Description:  True to form, mere moments after watching Jeff Probst snuff her torch, Ruth Marie has nothing but good things to say about her tribemates who have just voted her out.

"I especially want to thank my family and friends who stepped in for me and took over for me and made it possible for me to be here, but most of all, I want to thank my children, Max and Anna, who I adore. You guys are really the wind beneath my wings; love you guys.

(cut)

I think my tribe underestimated the endurance I have, but they really made a good choice in Sally too. I understand their choice, and I really do think it was kind of a tossup for 'em.

(cut)

I'm not upset about their decision. It's a game, it's fun, there's lots of twists and turns, so I just wish them good luck.

(cut)

I think the most - the thing I'll take home with me the most is another dose of humility. I had some coming in here, but when you go through an experience like this, it humbles you a little bit and you understand how hard life is. Some people struggle like this on a daily basis, and I doubt very seriously I'll take the creature comforts for granted anymore.

(cut)

Probably the hardest thing for me out here was maybe the lack of food. I think I held up a little better from the standpoint of endurance, but that's pretty tough. We had very little food for 11 days. 200 calories a day, maybe.

(cut)

Oh, I think my tribe will be fine without me. I don't think it was a situation where me leaving will crumble the tribe. I think what might happen is down the road they might have missed me.

(cut)

I'd just like to wish Sally, Dan, Terry, Austin and Nick the best of luck. You guys will be in my prayers. I have a feeling we have a winner out of that crowd." 

Interview: TRIBAL COUNCIL IS FREAKY 

Clip Description:  Ruth Marie tells us what she and her tribe will be doing the rest of the day in preparation for the night's Tribal Council.  She also gives us her impression of the Tribal Council cave.

RUTH MARIE (solo): 

Here's what we're doing the rest of the day - Sally and I just collected it looks to be like 80 snails. The guys are gonna start a fire, and we're gonna get that pot cooking cause with Tribal Council tonight you gotta kind of get that stuff over with early. So I'd say the next couple hours we're working on food. Dan and Nick are fishing - they may catch something. That'd be a perk, a bonus. I'd say we're gonna eat in a couple hours and then get ourselves gathered to go to Tribal Council.

(cut)

Tribal Council place is so freaky to me. It reminds me of when I was little, and at the county fair... I don't know if these are all over the United States, but in the South, on the backside of the county fair at night was real scary, kind of like all the freaky stuff. That's the sense I get when I go to Tribal Council. I swear to you, it scares me. The only thing I like about it is that it's warm and hot. It's warm in there with the fire and all - in fact, my dad is all concerned I'm gonna fall in the tribal fire, which I thought was hilarious, because I didn't think that could happen, but the way the set is now, I could actually see somebody falling in the tribal fire. (laughs)

Scene: STAND UP GUYS 
Clip Description:  Ruth Marie seeks reassurance from Dan that her alliance with La Mina's men will keep her safe at the upcoming Tribal Council.  Dan complies but ultimately he's the only man who honors the alliance.  The other four, not so much.

RUTH MARIE (solo): I had a conversation with Dan just to get some reassurance on our alliance, and he told me that the five of us have a solid agreement, no matter what.

(Ruth Marie sits on a log while Dan works with the fire)

DAN: I am 100% on your side. We made a deal, and...

RUTH MARIE: Rock-solid to the end.

DAN: We're sticking together. We're gonna follow to the end. Money doesn't matter, it's the commitments we make.

RUTH MARIE: I agree.

DAN: If it costs us some bucks, well too bad. This thing is beyond 39 days. I'm planning to have some friends for the rest of my life.

RUTH MARIE: Right.

DAN: And that's just the way it's gonna be.

RUTH MARIE: Okay.

RUTH MARIE (solo):

So I think I have an agreement with four gentlemen who are stand-up guys.

RUTH MARIE, THE DAY AFTER 
Clip Description:  After a good night's sleep and a couple of square meals, a rested and refreshed Ruth Marie gives her perspective on her time on the island. 

"I'm feeling good. I'm sad to be out of the game, wanted to stay a lot longer, but I'm feeling good.

(cut)

I really don't think I could have done anything to stay longer in the game. My alliance switched up the last 3 hours before Tribal Council. I made one last-ditch effort to try to stay in with that crowd, but they'd made a decision, so I'm kind of glad I knew going into Tribal Council, but the time I was there, the 11 days I was there, was the most fun I've ever really had in my life. Would have loved to have stayed longer, but the whole thing was fun.

(cut)

Actually, I think it was as big a challenge, because some of the other things I've done, I was more in my element, and this involved a lot of different things I haven't had a lot of experience with. For example, 11 days without eating, which pretty much was the truth. We on our tribe were a little bit slowing getting our fishing and those sorts of things going. We pretty well went 11 days without eating. I mean we had snails, and a stew, that kind of thing, but not too much food.

(cut)

Probably for me not eating was the hardest thing, but I think I fared as well or better as far as kind of staying even. I had 3 or 4 more days of not eating in me, probably.

(cut)

Our tribe - and I was involved in 2 tribes - didn't have any of those issues of difficulties in interpersonal relationships. I found both of those experiences very pleasant. Maybe it was too early in the game to know what's going to happen down the road, but I didn't have any negative experiences with that whatsoever.

(cut)

My best moment of the experience so far would be really hard to pin down, because honestly I'm sincere when I say it's the most fun I've ever had in my life. I'm just truly grateful to be here. It's a humbling experience to be part of this group. This production is beyond what I could have imagined in my wildest dreams. The challenges for me are the most fun so that was probably the most exciting moments.

(cut)

I don't think I'd play differently if we started over tomorrow. Things might be different if I was involved with a different tribe, those sorts of things, but I feel that I stuck pretty close to my personality. I knew I was going to try hard in the challenges, I would never lay back on something like that. I was pretty laid-back in camp, although if I saw something I thought was going real bad wrong, I would certainly voice my opinion. But honestly it was so early in the game when I came out, I don't feel I would have changed anything up and to this point.

(cut)

Certainly this experience will change my perspective. I'm coming away more grateful, more humbled than I even was coming here. Just the amount of people who try to get on the show, and just to be lucky enough to even be involved in something like this, it's just a blessing. And I don't take it for granted, not one moment of it.

(cut)

I think it is kind of weird that it's been all women voted out so far. That probably had something to do with the way the initial tribes were split up. I think there's a coupla women that are gonna ride it out pretty far.

(cut)

One of the worst times is when you get voted off, and I fortunately knew I was getting voted off. I think it would be horrendous not to know. Jeff is so serious in Tribal Council that it really does feel like something's being snuffed out, and the whole set in Tribal Council was scary. It kind of felt like the bad side of a carnival or something. It has that eerie feel and Jeff keeps it that way. It's like, 'You're done, your light is out, down the tunnel.' It's creepy.

(cut)

I really don't think I had any huge surprises. Again, getting back to the hunger and the food thing, I wasn't expecting 11 full days of no food. You kind of think, 'Well, if they put you in a place that's plentiful, that means fruit, fish, blah blah blah blah blah,' which it may have been there and we just didn't find it, or you think oh you're going to get rice or cornmeal, something along those lines. I think that was different from what I perceived and had watched in seasons before. Now the other tribe said they were eating, possibly; - we were not. When I say we were getting 200 calories a day of snails that big (joins thumb and forefinger in a circle).

(cut)

I might could have gotten a little bit further if I had been more scheming, or if I could have overturned that men's thing a little bit, but...I don't think I'm trying to be way too above board but I just don't think that would have been the way I would've played. I would have been embarrassed if that had been coming out that soon in the game. I think those things have to come out at some point, but I really thought I had an alliance with four gentlemen. That's what my true thoughts were. But it's not a game of honor, it's a game of deception (laughs). So they didn't do anything wrong.

(cut)

I am glad I ended up on the tribe I was on. We were kind of the love tribe, and I don't know that I would have fared any better on the other tribe. I'm real happy about that.

(cut)

In summing up my Survivor experience, it has been the thrill of a lifetime. I'm anxious for the second part of it, which will be when I get to go home, and the show airs and to share that experience with friends and family. I have two teenage children, you can imagine what that's going to mean for our family."
 

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat