čtvrtek 5. června 2014

season 14 episode 7 early show

Rocky Reid:
Early Show Interview Transcript

(from episode 1-6 it wasn't aired)

Official video on CBS News's Youtube channel:




Transcript: 

Transcribed by SurvivorFever.net

Harry Smith:  For weeks on Survivor: Fiji the Moto tribe won everything in sight and in Thursday's episode the Ravu tribe finally broke its losing streak winning its first Reward where Rocky's trash talking turned off his tribemates.

<video clip of Rocky taunting nauseous tribemates who overindulged at the Reward>

Harry:  And James "Rocky" Reid is with us this morning.  Good morning.  You got kicked off last night and I thought you didn't really know that was happening.  Did you see it coming?

Rocky:  I kind of smelt it a little bit.  I had a feeling but I think pretty much I was just denying it to myself.  I didn't really want to believe it.  So it was pretty much a shock to me.  It came out of nowhere.

Harry:  People, when they play this game, they usually have strategy.  How would you describe your strategy?

Rocky:  Not a very good one.  Not a very good one at all.  I really didn't have a setup strategy.  I just went in and tried to wing it.  Obviously it didn't work out.

Harry:  It was so interesting because your tribe finally wins this reward challenge and you go to this place and everybody has all these sandwiches and hot dogs and they're drinking beer and playing pool.  You were trashing these guys.  You were all over their case. 

Rocky:  In my own defense, Harry, they were running their mouths all day.  Prior to that, during the show, everybody was talking about cheeseburgers and filet mignons because we were starving.  I just wanted to give them a little bit of it back and they took it the wrong way, I guess.  They got a little upset.

Harry:  You came across in a lot of the show as pretty negative and kind of whiney and sort of...

Rocky:  A little whiney, huh?

Harry:  Yeah.

Rocky:  It happens, it happens.

Harry:  As a game strategy I'm not sure that probably was working for you.

Rocky: Well, in some weird way, the way I try to get to know people or show them that I care about them is I make fun of them a little bit.  Maybe push them around, punch them in the nose a little bit.  That's how I care about you.  If I didn't like you, I wouldn't punch you. 

Harry:  Don't hit me.

Rocky:  I won't.

Harry: Okay, we always have these secret scenes and this is maybe perhaps a little illustrative of your nonstrategy in the game.

<secret scene>

Rocky:  Come on, let's get it going, boys.  I'm starving.  Nobody else is as hungry as me?
 
Edgardo <confessional>:  When we got back from fishing it was really dark.  We started cooking the fish but they were taking really long.

Rocky:  This is the most asinine thing I've ever tried to do.  Cook fish in the middle of the pitch black dark. 

Edgardo <confessional>:   The problem with Rocky right now is that mentally he's affecting the tribe.   People get tired of those things and it's going to catch onto him. 

Rocky:  Should've ate 'em earlier. Nope, gotta wait til the dark.

<end secret scene>

Harry:  Were you surprised at what it was like out there?

Rocky:  I really had no idea what I was getting myself into, to be honest with you, Harry.  Everyone says that's it's a lot tougher than it looks but I had no clue.  

Harry:  Yeah, cause they had one tribe that had all the luxuries and the other had buckets.

Rocky:  Basically nothing.  It was pretty...no idea what was coming...it was crazy.

Harry:  What was the toughest part?  Was it just being out there in this very rough environment or being with other people?  You were stuck with these people.

Rocky:  I think the toughest part for me was the mental aspect.  Just losing all the time and trying to get to know everybody. 

Harry:  You guys just got slaughtered. 

Rocky:  We got smoked on a daily basis. 

Harry:  The day to day...did you ever feel like...cause that one woman, she almost walked out. 

Rocky:  I wanted to quit everyday. 

Harry:  Did you really?

Rocky:  Yeah.  I know my cousin, Frank, would've beat the crap out of me so I didn't do it. 
 
Harry:  You've at least confessed it. 

Rocky:  Definitely, to you.

Harry:  There's Lisi, she broken down in tears the other night, it was like, "I can't stand this anymore."   It's interesting.  The game has been on the air all of these years, you would think people would get some idea.  People lose all this weight.  They go through all this crazy stuff.  Now, you went on the jury.  You're the first one on the jury.  What did you vow?  You vowed that you would not vote for anybody that voted against you?

Rocky:  Let's put it this way, I was a little angry, a little bit in shock when I got kicked off.  When I'm on the jury I'm going to take in all the information and make my vote that way.  I'm not gonna just disallow.  You know what I mean, because I want to be very fair. 

Harry:  Well, you have a terrific personality, maybe it wasn't a match for Survivor. 

Rocky:  No, it wasn't a match. 

Harry:  Alright, there you go.

Rocky:   Very nice to meet you, sir.  Take care.

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat