středa 23. dubna 2014

Cast Featurette

Video :


Transcript by BlindFreddy 8.24.06


Jeff P: This is definitely going to be a unique Survivor.

Rebecca: This is the most racially diverse group that's ever been on Survivor.

Anh-Tiun: There's a balance of people here, there's not just a token Asian, not just a token Black or...there's a balanced number.

Nathan: You know I see a clash of like different walks of life...from city to urban, from this to that to that. You know there's going to be some definite exciting moments.

Jeff P: And we realized maybe what we should do is have four groups...not integrate them. Start out with Asian-American, African-American and Hispanic and Caucasian...start the game that way, knowing at a certain point we will merge and integrate, and what will happen. It is a social experiment on a level that we've never done before.

Jonathan: I thought it was very gutsy, I think it's going to be very interesting, but I think it's potentially, you know, dangerous.

Rebecca: It's hard enough out here to just survive...and to have to bring the race issue into it makes it just that much harder.

Yul: Growing up as a minority has been a huge motivating force. When I was a child I didn't see a lot of people who looked like me. I'd like to move beyond that, I'd like to change middle America's perceptions of my ethnicity.

Stephannie: I believe we all feel the pressure to 'represent'. And that just means...it's just being able to represent us, our people the African-American culture. To do well in this event.

Jenny: If I win, I think back home the Filipino community, they'll be real proud of me. They'll be totally supportive and proud of me. I hope I make them proud.

JP Calderon: You know I'm Hispanic, I'm proud to be Hispanic. It gives me character and it's helped me with my upbringing.

Sundra: I'm 100% proud of my Jamaican heritage. My culture is like everything to me. It's pretty much a huge part of who I am.

Adam: We're not winning this fro the White race, that's not our mentality in this. You know, maybe some of the other tribes are thinking that, for their own personal ethnicity. I like our team and I wanna win for our team and our tribe.

Mark Burnett: All 20 of them realize they need to integrate and work across those ethnic group lines to win the game. They need to get all the votes to win.

Parvati: There's a way to connect with everyone. And I'm good at it.

Billy: I believe that Survivor is 'human chess'. The hard part is learning what each person's other strategy is because that determines what moves they can make.

Candice: I've got my pink toenails and my blond hair and the Southern accent. I hope that they think I'm a nice sweet Southern girl and ya know, I'll take 'em to the bank.

Christina: You get to learn a lot as a Police Officer of people who lie to you...and people who are giving you just a bunch of baloney. And I think that'll help me. 

Jonathan: I'm a 44 yr old, stable, family guy. I miss my wife and kids. I'm not here for anything but playing the game. Somebody's gonna have a million dollars in their pocket, I'd love it to be me.

Jeff P: I think the audience is gonna have different reactions. I'm sure you're gonna have some audience members who will root based on ethnicity. I think that's a natural extension. But I think I ultimately you gonna root based on the same thing you always do...'who do I like?' That's not gonna change because we have more ethnic diversity.

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat